cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do i need to add my bank details again?

I have signed up for Now TV through Apple TV, now I want to watch it on my ipad on the app... it is asking me to finish setting up my account which requires payment details...surely I don't need to pay again when I am already paying through apple TV?

What should I do?

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Did you sign into your NOW TV app on the Apple TV with your iTunes account? In which case the pass you have bought on your Apple TV can only be watched on that device (and other Apple TVs) it's completely separate to the NOW TV account on this website.

If you want to watch on both Apple TV and other devices like your phone you need to set up an account on this website and purchase passes on your payment card.

Your best bet is probably to cancel the pass on your iTunes account (otherwise that will keep being renewed each month) and then you can carry on watching on your Apple TV until the pass expires. Then once it has expired you can set up your account on the NOW TV website, buy passes via that and sign into the NOW TV app on your Apple TV with the new account instead.

To cancel your iTunes pass, you need to use an iOS device or iTunes on a PC/Mac and set the Automatic Renewal option for NOW TV to off. More details here

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202039

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brilliant! Thank you very much for you help, it ll makes sense now.

I have followed your advice and on 24th Feb I plan to sign up online and sort out passes etc.

Thank you again

🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You're welcome. If you have any problems setting things up on the NOW TV website later on you can always pop back on here.

PS did you cancel the iTunes pass, wouldn't want it renewing without you realising? It still lets you carry on watching until the pass gets to the expiry date.