cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't install new Now TV player on a Mac please help!

I have downloaded and installed the Now TV player on my Mac (latest OS). The pop up box says the installation is successfully complete, however the player doesn't then appear in Applications.

WHen i hit play in NOW TV, using Safari (after clicking that I have the player installed), I get the following error:

'There is no application set to open the URL nowtvplayer etc...'

The dropdown with all the apps doesn't suggest the Now TV player which makes me think the install hasn't actually happened properly.

Any ideas very welcome. Thanks! (ps - this was a 1 Jan thing. Was absolutely fine watching in browser before today).

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

You can download the Now TV player directly from here web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller.zip

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It downloads fine, the installer runs and says it's installed but I don't believe it is being installed as I cannot find any evidence if it being installed and chrome nor safari will play it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Based on Chrome and Safari not being able to open it after installation, it certainly sounds like an issue with the installer under certain conditions, which I will need to investigate further.

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User Please PM me if you are interested in helping me resolve this issue.

For reference, the Now TV Player will be installed in ~/Applications

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to revive this old thread but I am having the exact same issue.

I have run the "NowTV Player - Installer.app" multiple times and no app appears in ~/Applications or /Applications

My Mac is a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016), running macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Any help would be much appreciated as I was getting by using silverlight in firefox but it now forces me to use the NowTV player.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do you even find the macOS player as I clicked x when it popped up and now I can't find anywhere.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Total crap. Now tv player does not work on Mac OS X. It will work on iOS via the dedicated app, but not via any browser. Spent hours today live chat with Nowtv, to no avail, and insisted on a refund having bought a day pass for the Lions rugby first test, which I missed as this pile of s..t refused to work. can no longer use Silverlight, although I have it installed, apparently. Get your act together Now tv!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having trouble installing Now Tv Player.

I have accidentally clicked that I don't need the download

and now I don't know how to go back.

I bet it's easyy

please helppp

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Open up a new private tab and try to watch something on NOW TV, you'll then be prompted to download the app again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Which is no use because it doesn't work on any of the most used available browsers: Safari, Mozilla or Chrome

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this doesnt seem to work at all. I have run the installer multiple times... it doesnt install the nowtv app anywhere. I did a search on my mac for anything with that name. Looked into the Apps directry, nothing is there:

myMacBook-Pro-2:Applications user$ pwd
/Applications
myMacBook-Pro-2:Applications use$ ls -alt |grep -i nowtv*

None of the browsers would work, how can they load an app that doesnt exist... so,  cant use my subscription at all...