cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

unable to connect to the stream

Hi Guys

This is getting so frustrating.  I've been unable to play anything from NowTV through my LG TV.  I keep getting message "unable to connect to the stream...."

I can play NowTV via the computer so know that the service is working.

The point is to have it to watch on my TV though.

I have not activated my 3 month Now TV service that I got with my LG TV as yet, using the month trial at the moment and it is proving useless at the moment.

The LG TV streams Amazon Prime without any issue so thewhen  TV is fine.

Can you look into and can I have my month restarted from the point when the service is working on the TV?

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum Gfyctbfhyhbjjvf,

In the interest in collecting information: -

• What's the make and model number of your television?
  • What's the make and model number of your NOW TV playback device?
  • What's your NOW TV playback devices 'software' version and NOW TV 'app' version?
  • Which NOW TV packages have you subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Movies, Sports)?
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried connecting my now tv account, through the lg smart tv preinstalled app, but nothing plays, I just get a black screen. I've tried all the usual, updates, restart, tried the dns manual input but still nothing. Now tv customer online help are useless! 1st person ended chat without helping, 2nd person wasn't listening when I said I've tried updating software etc. Then passed me to 3rd person and she ended chat without helping resolve the problem. Anyone got any other ideas?? Have only just signed up and wishing I hadn't bothered already! Is it just the app on the lg tv? Would I be better off getting a now tv box and using that way?? Even tried contacting LG for their help as it seems to only be with LG TVs!! But no help either. Can't find a way to delete app off tv so as to reinstall, so just trying any other option... please help?? Thanks in advance 🤔

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Sufficed to say, it's good practice for the DNS settings on your television to be the same as your ISP router settings...

Cheers