cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

unable to connect to the stream

Hi Guys

This is getting so frustrating.  I've been unable to play anything from NowTV through my LG TV.  I keep getting message "unable to connect to the stream...."

I can play NowTV via the computer so know that the service is working.

The point is to have it to watch on my TV though.

I have not activated my 3 month Now TV service that I got with my LG TV as yet, using the month trial at the moment and it is proving useless at the moment.

The LG TV streams Amazon Prime without any issue so thewhen  TV is fine.

Can you look into and can I have my month restarted from the point when the service is working on the TV?

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Spence71,

Thanks for posting.

Really sorry to hear of the problems you're experiencing.

Can I ask you to try removing and re-adding the NOW TV App? Could you also ensure the firmware and App version is up to date?

Regarding restarting the pass, although we cannot physically restart the pass there maybe something we can do, to explore the options please contact us via Live Chat or email using the contact us page here. The service is available  from 10am - 10pm 7 days a week.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I can confirm that the firmware is up to date. The NowTV app came preinstalled. There is no option to uninstall the NowTV app. 

Really seems to be an app problem or other from NowTV end

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Followed instructions from LG to re-initialise the LG apps. This has made no difference. LG also confirm the Now TV app cannot be uninstalled. Can you provide an update to the app as it does not work. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Instructions from LG (though did not improve NowTV app) -The closest thing to this (removing the app) that you can do is Initialisation Of Premium. To do this, press the Smart/Home button on your remote, go to the Premium apps tab and click on the part where it says "More". It will take you to a screen with a list of all the premium apps on a blue and green background. When on this screen, press the GREEN coloured button on your remote and it will bring up a list of options. Please go to "Initialisation Of Premium" and press OK. Proceed and the TV will turn off and back on. Doing this will update the list of Premium apps and install any updates or fixes for the apps themselves.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The solution! Which I found lurking in chain of replies (I will create a new message to say same, as NowTV should have it as a sticky) and to close this thread of neatly. Note I checked it was working on my tablet /PC first to rule out any other issues. 

When connecting your LG TV to your Router (whether wired or wireless), connect manually by typing in your IP, Subnet and Gateway numbers. If you connect automatically first, you can copy IP details in step 1 below.

To do this go to 

• settings on your TV > Network Status (Make a note of the IP address, Subnet and Gateway numbers
  • Then go back
  • Select Network > Network Connections > Start Connection > Enter Manual (Then input your IP, Subnet and Gateway numbers and enter 4.2.2.2 as the DNS number) > Finish

Should now be able to view the stream. Hurrah. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brilliant! I followed your instructions and all seems well 🙂

Why was this fix so difficult to find? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Glad it worked. If only LG would create a sticky of the same or add it to their FAQs or setup instructions it would make setting up a lot easier.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi..

I'm having the same problem. Does the DNS number need to be 4222? Mine just puts a longer number in automatically.. Havent been able to watch a single programme yet!!

Thanks for your help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User whilst for most they don't need to change it, it does help some, and doesn't make it any worse. Btw it needs to have the dots in between so 4.2.2.2