cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

unable to connect to the stream

Hi Guys

This is getting so frustrating.  I've been unable to play anything from NowTV through my LG TV.  I keep getting message "unable to connect to the stream...."

I can play NowTV via the computer so know that the service is working.

The point is to have it to watch on my TV though.

I have not activated my 3 month Now TV service that I got with my LG TV as yet, using the month trial at the moment and it is proving useless at the moment.

The LG TV streams Amazon Prime without any issue so thewhen  TV is fine.

Can you look into and can I have my month restarted from the point when the service is working on the TV?

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that.. The tv automatically puts in the dots but still cant connect.. I so want to watch Game of Thrones. Think im the only person on the planet that hasnt seen any of it! I will contact the help team later

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The solution! Which I found lurking in chain of replies (I will create a new message to say same, as NowTV should have it as a sticky) and to close this thread of neatly. Note I checked it was working on my tablet /PC first to rule out any other issues. 

When connecting your LG TV to your Router (whether wired or wireless), connect manually by typing in your IP, Subnet and Gateway numbers. If you connect automatically first, you can copy IP details in step 1 below.

To do this go to 

• settings on your TV > Network Status (Make a note of the IP address, Subnet and Gateway numbers
  • Then go back
  • Select Network > Network Connections > Start Connection > Enter Manual (Then input your IP, Subnet and Gateway numbers and enter 4.2.2.2 as the DNS number) > Finish

Should now be able to view the stream. Hurrah. 

This is most bizarre... 

Whilst I agree that it's good practice (where possible) to create static/fixed IP addresses for 'all' networked media devices, the DNS numbers (there are two) should really be the same as your routers.

Personally, I don't recommend 'directly connecting' hard-wired networked media devices to a router. In most situations it's often more reliable to connect networked media devices to a multi-port network switch first.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i can not get now to work on the l.g. smart t.v.app i have been in touch with both parties and got to the stage of concern team of nowtv. every time i e-mail them  to give info comes back as faile. try live chat and time it takes to type out problem i ve lost them. can get now on laptop and on small t.v. via now box.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Can you please let us know if you're having an issue with sending us emails today? 

In regards to the issue you are having with your LG TV. 

Can you please let us know what exactly happens and if you see any error message? 

We look forward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have got now but it is a new account with 30 day freebe I don't
know how this is working as have another account on laptop which does
not show lg tv on it. I just changed part of e-mail address and
username it looks as if 2 now accounts ,so we will close one as only
8 days left and see what happens with one on l.g.smart t.v.. for the
record never had such a bad way of contact you must have a phone
number as a fail safe

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous User did you set the DNS address on your TV? That is what caused most of my problems, though the NowTV app is very hit and miss. Personally did not bother continuing with the service as was too unreliable, compared to Netflix or AmazonPrime.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
did all that l.g and live chat put forward. it is working but it seems
that I have 2 accounts one on laptop ,box and ipad. this is not
showing l.g t.v. on account via laptop. I changed a letter on
password and e-mail address on l.g. app and now is on don't
understand as info for account same as info for account via laptop.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I currently try to watch the Arsenal vs Watford match on my now tv apple app on my iPad mini. I've paid for a day pass but it is currently showing 'unable to connect to stream. Please try again. What do I do as this match had started?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum,

You might have more luck posting your question within the dedicated 'iPhone, iPod, and iPad' sub-section and not within the 'LG forum' sub-section...

Perhaps a nice forum moderator will move it for you!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This now just started happening to me. Only been using now tv got 2 days. Very buggie and not as good as Netflix. Please sort it out sky.