cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

lg tv movies not playing

just bought movie pass to watch on my lg smart tv i sucessfully sign in and select a movie but then when i press play nothing happens  just circles going around. in the past 36 hours i have live chatted but everytime get cut off before anything is done. as for emails i have sent 3 and not had a reply  to any.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about your issue.

It sounds like the app is trying to play the movie but then it drops off.

How is your TV connected to the Internet ? If via WIFI can you try Ethernet and vice versa just to try ? 

Also can you check to make sure that your LG TV is fully upto date with its filmware.

Let us know how you get on.

Andy

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about your issue.

It sounds like the app is trying to play the movie but then it drops off.

How is your TV connected to the Internet ? If via WIFI can you try Ethernet and vice versa just to try ? 

Also can you check to make sure that your LG TV is fully upto date with its filmware.

Let us know how you get on.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi my lg is connected by an ethernet.. my tv is also updated

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• Are you an existing or brand new NOW TV subscriber?
  • If you are an existing subscriber, when did you start having issues?
  • What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Product/Service Info.]
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App]
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i purchas.12ed a movie pass about 4 days ago.it has not worked at all i have been in contact several times but got no help at all.my lg model is 47LA620V/ZA      software version no.04.28.12     i have done the intialzation of app  it is a hard wiredethernet connection

Anonymous User
Not applicable

p.s.  forget  now tv app version   2.13.3

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your reply. Everything looks upto date.

Have you tried re-booting your router? I had to do this myself a few days ago when Amazon Video started playing-up!

If your problems still persist, much as I hate to say it but you'll have to perform a factory reset' (which can be found via the 'Option' setting). I have to do it every-so often on my LG TV's when they become unstable. Which usually occurs after a couple software updates Smiley Surprised

Sufficed to say, a factory reset means you'll have to re-tune all your TV channels and you'll loose all your pre-sets. So make a note of them before you give it a go!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi sorry not got back to yet but have been trying everywhich way to factory reset my lg tv. the instructions i am told to follow  to not appear as such when i put settings up on my tv.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...have been trying everywhich way to factory reset my lg tv...

Hi @Anonymous User,

I think the procedure will be as follows: -

• Press the 'Settings' button on your remote control.
  • Press the 'down arrow' (below the 'OK' button) and navigate to 'Option'.
  • Select 'Option' and navigate to 'Factory Reset'.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
many thanks done reset and can watch now movies thanks again