cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unusual picture issue - vertical interlace effect

I'm using the Now TV app on an LG 55UB830V and have an unusual picture issue.

Every other *column* of pixels is missing, creating a vertical interlace effect.

Has anyone else experienced this?

It really causes problems with this objects like streetlights, transparencies like smoke and also out of focus objects.
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh, no we're different people.

I'm not sure what it is - if it were a horizontol interlace problem I would assume that NowTV movies are stored at 1080i and deinterlaced by the TV, but it's a vertical interlace so it can't be that.

Then I wondered if NowTV just did a quick 3D>2D downscale on 3D movies, which only encoded the columns for one 'eye' rather than both - but the effect occurs with some films that have no 3D source, so it can't be that.

Then I wondered if the polarising filter on my TV was being activated for some reason - tested with 3d glasses + it's not.

That only really leaves the TV or the app. As the TV works fine for everything else (including most NowTV content) I assume it's not that, so that leaves the app.

I'll see if I can acquire a NowTV box from somewhere and do some testing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy wrote:

@Anonymous User

Yeah Gary

Maybe I am getting confused, I'm possibly seeing similarities that just arn't there. Sorry for that.

UK Bob

No worries