cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to view NowTV via hmdi

Using iPhone 5c to connect to TV via hdmi, one last two times using NowTV I've received the error message "unable to connect to stream..." Removing the hdmi connection, nowtv has played without issue on the phone alone. I've deleted and reinstalled NowTV app, don't have any pending phone updated and have powered off and on the phone.
9 REPLIES 9
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User it won't work. You can watch on the phone, cast to the TV via a Chromecast or if smart LG watch on the TV. Otherwise you will need a Now box, Xbox, PlayStation, Roku device or Apple TV to watch on a none smart TV
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It has worked previously without issue but not so on the last two occasions. Do you know any reason for this (changes to App etc)?
Legend 5
Legend 5

It was not supposed to have worked, they have obviously fixed the fault.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. It was supported by NOW TV for sports passes until recently, however because of piracy concerns the function has now been removed so you won't be able to output via AirPlay or adaptor now.

If you still want to watch on your TV have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might find you already have something that you can use. If not, a NOW TV box is probably your cheapest option.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Makes sense. Would air play include using Chromecast to send to TV?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Chromecast is supported by NOW TV, you can use it with an iOS tablet or phone (or Android tablet or phone) to watch NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Cool. Just not hdmi?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yeah iPhone with HDMI adaptor won't work any more for NOW TV. 

With a Chromecast it's the Chromecast itself which streams direct from NOW TV, the iPhone just works as the 'remote' to instruct the Chromecast what to play via the NOW TV app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your advice.