cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Streaming at just 284 on Lg BD350 and 550

Hi all - have just reported this via chat, but thought I'd post here in case anyone has a simple solution.

BT homehub 5 connection @ 10mb, LG BD box hardwired to router using an ethernet cable.  Both boxes (in turn) give a streaming speed of just 284 on Sky Sports channels using the Now TV app. Apps updated to current version, nothing else running on the network (except my macbook !)

Any thoughts ?

Many thanks

Mike

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. I'll give it a go on the LG box (my TV is a Samsung). Much appreciated.

Mike
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No joy I'm afraid, still streaming at that 284 on all Sky Sports channels despite the DNS changes.

I'm a newbie here - but are the NOW TV team always this bereft of ideas ?  They seem very polite to be fair - but a bit short on actual solutions !

Thanks

Mike

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looking at this another way...

The White NOW TV box has a hidden menu allowing you to access streaming options. Does such a thing exist for LG ? If so, what's the code please ?

Mike
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for the details.

Not sure about the hidden menu on LG,  you may need to contact them to find out.

In regards to the streaming quality itself, this has been raised with our technical teams to be looked into. Hopefully they'll be able to figure out what the issue is and get back to you via email as soon as possible.

Sorry about the trouble 😞

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Birgit - many thanks for your response, but a quick review of previous LG problems suggests that that's the last I'll hear of it ! I'd be delighted to be proved wrong...

Mike
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Speaking as someone who has watched F1 using the Now TV app on my LG television, without any issues at all, I'm really disappointed to hear you are having these issues with the Sports channels.

It's a real mystery that you're able to obtain the maximum bit-rate on the 'Entertainment' service but not on the 'Sports' service.

I wish I could help you out...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks SeeMore. I can't be the only person using LG BD players to stream NOW tv sport, but it does rather feel like it sometimes ! If anyone out there has a 350 or 550 that works properly for sport then I'd love to hear from them.

Mike
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks for your 'thanks'...

Given that you are connecting via hard-wired ethernet directly to your router, I'm wondering if introducing an 'ethernet switch' might help.

The reason why I suggest it is because, several years ago when the number of my network capable devices out-grew my humble 4-port router, I bought an 'ethernet switch' and connected all my network capable devices to it (instead of the switch). And instantly my entire network became more stable, including connecting to the internet.

Anyway, it's just a thought...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just set up Now TV Sport on my LG BR player on a Panasonic 39" smart TV and, guess what, streaming speed is 284!  My broadband speed is 65Gb so will have to investigate!!!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have just set up Now TV Sport on my LG BR player on a Panasonic 39" smart TV and, guess what, streaming speed is 284!  My broadband speed is 65Gb so will have to investigate!!!

Ouch.... 

Out of interest, are you using a wired or WiFi connection?

Cheers