cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Streaming at just 284 on Lg BD350 and 550

Hi all - have just reported this via chat, but thought I'd post here in case anyone has a simple solution.

BT homehub 5 connection @ 10mb, LG BD box hardwired to router using an ethernet cable.  Both boxes (in turn) give a streaming speed of just 284 on Sky Sports channels using the Now TV app. Apps updated to current version, nothing else running on the network (except my macbook !)

Any thoughts ?

Many thanks

Mike

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone ?  Footie at 284 really isnt very enjoyable !

Mike

BicBasher
Elite

Hi @Anonymous User

I'd suggest contacting NOW TV via Live Chat or email.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/None-of-the-above and click on Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks BIC, but see my post - already reported via chat.  There's no messages on here suggesting that that led to a great outcome in any event. So any other solutions would be appreciated.

Mike

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting in touch @Anonymous User. 

Can you please let us know if you experience the same issue on any other device? 

Have you tried turning the router on and off again and then trying to play out? 

Is 10mb your overall speed from a speedtest? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

This is just on the LG box, and only with NOW TV. Netflix app works fine with proper speed.

Yes - restarted a few times now. No effect.

Yes - 10mb. 

Please assist !

Mike

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry for the problems you've experienced.

Have you tried updating your firmware and/or deleting the NOW TV app and re-installing (If your version allows it).

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, have done both, twice.

Please can you investigate ?

Mike

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Further info. Remembered I had entertainment as well as sport. Switched to some random box set - and it quickly settled down to a breezy 3100 ! Back to sports - and a glacial 284 on all channels.

So...internet ok, tv ok, app inconsistent in terms of streaming. How can I fix this ?

Thanks

Mike
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live and catchup come from different CDNs. Just a thought but are the DNS settings on your TV or router set to something other than standard to get other regions of Netflix? How do you get on if you set the TV DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4?