cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Streaming at just 284 on Lg BD350 and 550

Hi all - have just reported this via chat, but thought I'd post here in case anyone has a simple solution.

BT homehub 5 connection @ 10mb, LG BD box hardwired to router using an ethernet cable.  Both boxes (in turn) give a streaming speed of just 284 on Sky Sports channels using the Now TV app. Apps updated to current version, nothing else running on the network (except my macbook !)

Any thoughts ?

Many thanks

Mike

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No it's fine. I found the factory reset early doors and tried it twice. There was a software update yesterday which I also tried.

Still nothing from "Technical Support" !

Mike
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I must admit, your's is the oddest issue I've encountered with an LG device Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone have an email address for Now TV please ?
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just to echo my previous answer that I posted here - For security you can't send emails direct to that address they must come through us - to ensure this just make sure you reply to the email rather than trying to send a new one.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And just to echo my previous answer Simon, when I try to simply reply to the email (NOT send a new one) to the address it came from, I get the generic "not monitored" response.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We can skip that step and deal with it all here to make things easier 🙂

If you go onto http://www.speedtest.net/ and then start the test, once it's done you'll have the option to share it and post it here in a comment.

Thanks!

Ryan

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, hope this works :

www.speedtest.net/my-result/4991014281

Thanks

Mike

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue of 284 on the Sky Sports channels on my new LG BP450 blu ray player. Connected up the old white Now TV box in its place, and everything was fine. Only reason I chose this LG player was for the Now TV app, but its unwatchable.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I'm having the same issue of 284 on the Sky Sports channels on my new LG BP450 blu ray player. Connected up the old white Now TV box in its place, and everything was fine. Only reason I chose this LG player was for the Now TV app, but its unwatchable.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Is this 'low bitrate' issue only happening on the Sky Sports channels? How about Entertainment and/or Movies?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is much worse on the sports channels, but even on live Entertainment channels and on demand, the streaming quality is much lower than achieved on the Now TV box. I don't have movies.