cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stay logged in on lg tv

Hi all. Is there a way to stay logged in when watching on an lg tv. Its a pain having to login every time I open the app.
17 REPLIES 17
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

I've just looked up your TV model. It appears to be pre webOS probably netcast is this correct?

Yep correct...

In actual fact, Jewks' LG television runs the same OS as all three of my LG televisions. Which should also mean that NOW TV app v1.5.1 is installed on the television too 😉

That being said, the 'log-in' issue could be related to the fact that Wi-Fi ethernet connections use dynamic IP addresses - which might be getting pinched by other Wi-Fi connected devices Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User there was an issue a while back where an LG update caused the NOW TV app to be unable to store it's user credentials, the only fix which I know can be a pain is a factory reset of the telly. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have an LG tv that won't stay logged in. This is a recent thing. It used to stay logged in. A few weeks ago is started playing up, when I played programme in could hear it but the picture wasn't there so I had to come out of the app and start again. It always played on the second attempt. Now I have to log in every time and on the first attempt I still have the same problem with no picture. My tv software is up to date. Any ideas ?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

• What's your LG televisions 'model number' and 'Software Version'?
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Connected by Ethernet cable

Model number 42ln578v-ze

Software 04.28.12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the same problem on my LG TV for the last three weeks, having to log in every time I access the NOW TV app both movies and entertainment. I have had the TV for 20 months and this has not been a problem before. Usually it stays logged in but not at the moment! Any suggestions as to how to resolve this issue. I spent an hour on live chat with NOW TV and it still wasn't resolved, I gave up in the end!!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi everyone,

As some of you may be aware, LG recently pushed out a software update for most (if not all) of their 'smart' televisions. And a couple of days ago, NOW TV upgraded their 'app' for LG televisions (it's currently 2.6.1). Either of which might have created a stability issue!

If your TV has become unstable, the only way to cure such an issue is to perform a 'factory reset' (which can be found via the 'Option' setting).

Sufficed to say, a factory reset means you'll have to re-tune all your TV channels and you'll loose all your pre-sets. So make a note of them before you give it a go!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for this thread! We just developed the exact same issue this week & a factory reset of the tv seems to have fixed it 🤞