cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stay logged in on lg tv

Hi all. Is there a way to stay logged in when watching on an lg tv. Its a pain having to login every time I open the app.
17 REPLIES 17
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User mine stays logged in. I just click on the smart button when I am done and choose a different input, either different app or different device.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

No problem here too!

In the interest in collecting information: -

• What's your LG televisions 'model number' and 'Software Version'?
  • Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' Initialization of App...]
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Cheers

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

No problem here either

The only situation I could imagine an LG TV not remaining logged in is if there was a massive app update, which meant the login details couldn't be retained. But if that happened , you would only have to login again once and you should be fine after that.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same problem as jewks. And the lg software just updated today though problem was already there.  It's a real pain.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

In the interest in collecting information: -

• What's your LG televisions 'model number' and 'Software Version'?
  • Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' Initialization of App...]
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV is 32LN575V_2E.

Software is 04.28.12.

Connection via Ethernet cable though WiFi available. I'm never sure which has selected unless I go back into settings.

I don't think I use an lg app. I certainly don't use my phone or tablet as a TV control.

Funnily enough I went back on to sky via now TV link this afternoon and for first time I did not have to log on.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I have the same LG television as you... I don't think I've ever had to re-enter my NOW TV log-in details!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My model number is 55LA660V-ZA
Software version is 04.27.09
I'm using a wired connection.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I've just looked up your TV model. It appears to be pre webOS probably netcast is this correct? The earliest review for your TV that I can find on the LG website dates from December 2013, which means it's almost certainly not a wbOS tv.

Netcast LG TVs run a version of the NOWTV app, which is rather old now. I don't think the NOWTV app on netcast TVs has been updated in a long while , so the age of the app could be the cause of the issue

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.