NOW TV Essential Planned Works 27/04/2017 Affecting Broadband Click here for more info
Occasional Poster

Screen goes black when trying to watch nowtv on LG smart DVD player

I have an LG smart DVD player that has the nowtv app. It was fine when I first got it, then the streaming quality went down to 90 when I started watching films and entertainment programmes, then it catches up with itself. It isn't possible to watch live, as the streaming quality is so poor. 

Today, however, I select a film or programme and it won't even start playing. The screen just goes black..

I have updated the software on the player, it's not that because other apps are fine.

sarah

Elite 4

Re: Screen goes black when trying to watch nowtv on LG smart DVD player

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issues-Logging-in-to-NOW-TV-across-multiple-Dev... that could be the reason @Milburs

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor not staff so cannot help you with account matters I can just attempt to point you in the right direction.

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Us...

Devices I am currently using for Now: Android app on Moto E, Chromecast, LG TV, Smart box.
Highlighted
Occasional Poster

Re: Screen goes black when trying to watch nowtv on LG smart DVD player

I am having exactly the same problems, nowtv app on lg BP350 Blueray player will not play any pictures or sound, just a black screen.

used to work ok

can sign in OK, checked the wifi connection, the lg Blueray player is listed in "my devices" 

i can view menu's and select films, but am not getting anything to play.

also have the app on Xbox downstairs, and that's working fine, just the lg Blueray player

tried to follow the link in the post above, but it says access denied Smiley Sad

Occasional Poster

What am I even paying for when I can't watch anything?

I have the nowtv app on an LG BP350 Blueray player which used to work fine for the 3 month free pass trial, since then I have paid £9.99 to continue viewing, then I tried to cancel it and was offered a reduced price of around £4 a month for 3 months. Ever since then, I have not been able to play anything back using the app on this Blueray player.

I can sign into my account, I can see the film options, I can select what film I want to watch, but them the screen goes black and nothing plays and there is no sound.

I've checked my wifi connection, the lg Blueray player is listed in "my devices"

I also have the app on Xbox and that's working ok, but it's not in the room where I want to watch nowtv. 

Can someone tell me what is going off with it, I really want to just cancel the whole thing and walk away, but it's not the easiest thing to cancel.

NOW TV Team

Re: What am I even paying for when I can't watch anything?

Mmap wrote:

I have the nowtv app on an LG BP350 Blueray player which used to work fine for the 3 month free pass trial, since then I have paid £9.99 to continue viewing, then I tried to cancel it and was offered a reduced price of around £4 a month for 3 months. Ever since then, I have not been able to play anything back using the app on this Blueray player.

I can sign into my account, I can see the film options, I can select what film I want to watch, but them the screen goes black and nothing plays and there is no sound.

I've checked my wifi connection, the lg Blueray player is listed in "my devices"

I also have the app on Xbox and that's working ok, but it's not in the room where I want to watch nowtv. 

Can someone tell me what is going off with it, I really want to just cancel the whole thing and walk away, but it's not the easiest thing to cancel.

Hi @Mmap I'm sorry to hear that your having so much hassle with your LG Bluray player and NOW TV App. I have one fix but even then i'd take it with a pinch of salt. 

To fix this:

• Press the Home / Smart button on your remote control
  • Go to Settings and scroll down to Support
  • Select Initialisation of Premium and press OK when prompted.

If your settings don’t match the ones above, try these steps instead:

• Press the Home / Smart button on your remote control
  • Go to Premium and choose Option (or press GREEN if using a standard remote control)
  • Select Initialisation of Premium and press OK when prompted.

Also, is there anyway of uninstalling the app? 

Occasional Poster

tried to follow your advice, but I can't se how to navigate to any of the menus/settings you have mentioned 

cannot see where or how to uninstall the app either

Champion 1

Hi @Mmap,

If you haven't done-so already I suggest you perform a 'Factory Reset'...

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer just like you! •

NOW TV Box = Model no: Black box | Software: 7.5.3 Build: 4068-10 | NOW TV app: 3.10.49 • LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 32LN575V | Software: 04.28.14 | OS: NetCast •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.19.2 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •