cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't sign in to my now TV account on my lg DVD player. It's a registered device, I have a current entertainment pass but when I try to sign in it says session token missing. My other devices are working fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

NOW TV have posted a service status about this issue here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issue-watching-NOW-TV-on-LG-Blue-Ray-24-02-2016/...

If you go to the post and click Topic Options > Subscribe (you'll need to be signed in to do this) then you should receive an email when there is any news on this issue.

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest, which NOW TV services do you get from Vodafone?

Some LG Blu-ray player owners seem to have better luck accessing the NOW TV platform than others, especially via wi-fi. Have you tried a 'wired' connection?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's the Now TV entertainment package. Not movies or sport.

Player is already hard wireded straight to the router. Laptop (wired and wifi) and iphone (wifi obviously!) both work fine.

But the whole idea was to be able to watch live sky living and atlantic on the tv, and via the bluray player it's largely useless.

Surely it should work? Either LG or NowTV are missrepresenting the service otherwise! I assumed NowTV would be similar quality to Netflix.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I'm not familiar with LG range of 'smart' Blu-ray players. Do they offer a 'default reset/restore' option. Or an apps 'initialisation' option?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was the first time this app has been used, and it installed a new version when I ran it. No obvious resets, but it's brand new!

Tried again, box sets are bad, but if you don't mind missing the first few mins they are watchable.

Live TV (main reason I got NOW TV) is unwatchable to the point you can't even see who people are. Useless 😞

Darren

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Oh dear Darren. That does sound bad. And most definitely not what you should be seeing Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the issues that your facing.

I do remember from last year customers reporting that the streaming quality maxed out at around the 300 mark on some LG Bluray players.

When we raised it to the developers here they advised that the NOW TV App on all LG BluRay's is an old legacy app that hasn't had any updates since before the launch of our Kid's Pass.

This is due to the filmware on the LG BluRay not supporting our new app and features. 

Looking at the information that @SeeMoreDigital has provided this is what we would have recommended as well, wired connection and a initialisation of the apps.

We also would recommend a fixed IP address if a wired connection wasn't possible.

If i'm honest I would look at using an alternative device to view for a better experience with NOW TV and you will be able to use our new features such as Watchlists & Continue Watching, with this being the run up to Black Friday there are some amazing deals on Chromecast out there that are under £20 as well.

Sorry I can't resolve the issue for you.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thats unfortunate - it works fine with Netflix and youtube. Only NOWTV has problems.

Maybe I'll use your official response as a reason to return it to John Lewis. They sold it only 4 months ago, advertising it as having NOWTV compatibility - sounds like that's not really true 😞

Interesting that it's only your client that struggles though. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My problem is that having sucessfully installed Now TV on my tv I can no longer access my DVD player.  I can switch it on but, because Noe TV does not switch off, I cannot view the DVD.  I would really appreciate help.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

My problem is that having sucessfully installed Now TV on my tv I can no longer access my DVD player.  I can switch it on but, because Noe TV does not switch off, I cannot view the DVD.  I would really appreciate help.

Hi @Anonymous User,

That's unusual... What's the model number of your LG television?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an LG smart DVD player that has the nowtv app. It was fine when I first got it, then the streaming quality went down to 90 when I started watching films and entertainment programmes, then it catches up with itself. It isn't possible to watch live, as the streaming quality is so poor. 

Today, however, I select a film or programme and it won't even start playing. The screen just goes black..

I have updated the software on the player, it's not that because other apps are fine.

sarah