cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote Control Problems since Upgrade to Latest App.

Since NOWTV's last app upgrade, I've suffered the following problems:

Pressing stop does nothing! I have to press pause, then back twice to exit programme.

Info button shows nothing if pressed when playing, again, if I press pause it shows the brief summary, can only get full info by going back to main index of film/programme.

I have done a full factory reset, but the problems remain. Also took batteries oout of remote control and replaced.

This is not an issue on any other app e.g. BBC iPlayer.

Model: 42LB580V

S/w: 04.04.07

This model is running the pre 'web OS' Linux version, were the triallists selected only those on the later 'web OS' models of LG TV?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

You are correct, the 'Stop' and 'Info' buttons do not function with the new style GUI. However, 'Info' can now be obtained by pressing the 'OK' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

You are correct, the 'Stop' and 'Info' buttons do not function with the new style GUI. However, 'Info' can now be obtained by pressing the 'OK' button.

Cheers

@SeeMoreDigital

Thanks for the info.

I already have an original case working with support, so I have updated that with a link to this thread and these new problems  that need fixing at some stage.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well it's been 4 months since I raised this and no fix for these various oddities we have had to get used to on the remote controls on LG TVs.

From looking through forum postings this would yet again only seem to affect the pre web o/s models. 

Any chance you can put this back to pre release dated October when the remote control functions worked as they should?

Model: 42LB580V

Before anyone asks, yes, factory reset, fully updated etc.

Trouble is you get so used to using the wrong buttons to get what you want with NOWTV that when you use another app like iPlayer you suddenly remember you have to start pressing the correct buttons, not the ones we've got used to!

Mine was brand new model released in May 2014, and still being sold, hardly an 'old' TV. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi Confused_Man,

I think it's fair to say that the current UI controls "are what they are"  now. I can't see them changing back...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital

Thanks for your reply.

However, I would like an OFFICIAL NOWTV update on these issues, please!

This was raised months ago and yet not one member of the forum team has had the courtesy to confirm that "it is a known problem" and, what is being done to rectify Robot Mad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us; I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with the LG remote post update.

This is a known issue that we are looking into fixing. Your case has been noted and you will be notified when there is a further update.

Failing that please keep an eye out on on the site.

Thanks,

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pause on bbc iPlayer used to work fine but now suddenly it does not. Any ideas for a fix?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Maybe try deleting the BBC iplayer app and then re installing the app again.

Might be worth a shot.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  I have checked the Now Box version of the I Player app on my black box and it works fine.  Pause works as it should.  I do have an LG TV so I tried the Iplayer app on there too incase you had come to the wrong place for help. The pause button works on that too.  

You could take @schnapps suggestion and remove the app.  I think however it is more likely an issue with your remote-  how long have you had the remote?  Are the batteries on the way out?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.