cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Reliability

This is not a rhetorical question.  Why is NowTV so unreliable?  We regularly see two different screen layouts, and regularly have to switch of the entire TV between shows, as NowTV so rarely goes back to the main menu.

Is the software being continually messed about with, or is it just not very good?

LGTV 42LA660V

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm on the old one then.  So I will upgrade, but will it actually work?

Hi @Anonymous User,

It's not possible to upgrade the televisions OS from NetCast to WebOS (if that's what you mean). But you should make sure that your LG television is running the newest/most up-to date version. Which for your 42LA660V is v04.28.12 released 23 Jun 2016

Cheers

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm on the old one then.  So I will upgrade, but will it actually work?

Hi @Anonymous User,

It's not possible to upgrade the televisions OS from NetCast to WebOS (if that's what you mean). But you should make sure that your LG television is running the newest/most up-to date version. Which for your 42LA660V is v04.28.12 released 23 Jun 2016

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In that case I am on the latest software, and the problem definitely rests with NowTV.

Let's see if they do anything other than ask me (again) for the model number of my tv.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

In that case I am on the latest software, and the problem definitely rests with NowTV.

Hmmm...

Up until you performed the factory reset you didn't have Amazon Video working but now it is. So was that definitely Amazons fault... I think not 😉

Anyway, I hope things sort themselves out soon for you.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your posts and pictures.

I can remember a few months back the team who look after LG were doing some trials with the layout of the app and placing of programs etc.

I'm not sure if it is still ongoing or not but will try to find out for you.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And now, if you select a programme through Continue Watching, either it plays the next episode of the programme you previously watched, rather than the one you selected, or it plays the sound of what you selected, whilst the screen just sticks on the Continue Watching grid.  So we're back to turn off the blummen telly every time

And why doesn't this b****y website remember my password, even though I am continually unticking and reticking the 'remember me' box?!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

One of the other things that's changed is that Continue Watching and Watchlist are on the same screen, in two ribbons.  And instead of telling to you name of the programme, it tells you the title of the episode, so you have to squint at the thumbnail to work out what the show is.

And the shows in Continue Watching are all 70-80% of the way through the episode you just watched.  It doesn't cue up the next episode, it just assumes you didn't finish watching the previous one.

I've moaned about this before, and the it went away, but now it's back.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh, come ON! 

Surely it's now time to stop playing aroud with the front end, and actually fix the functionality!

Three or four front ends, and still (as has always been the case), Stop doesn't work.  Back doesn't work and we have to turn the TV off and back on again between shows if we want to watch more than one.

Yes, it looks lovely, I'm sure; but it doesn't, and never has actually worked properly!