cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recording problem

Frustratingly when I am watching via my Now TV app on the (LG), anything I am recording on my pvr (humax freesat) stops.  Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User.

Are you trying to record Freeview or Satellite TV programmes when watching the NowTV app on your LG Smart TV ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

How is your Humax PVR box connected to your LG TV is it by HDMI only or are you also using a SCART Cable if applicable?

Perhaps, see if the HDMI CEC control on the TV is effecting the Humax box which i think LG calls it SimpLink or maybe there is a remote control ir conflict between the LG TV and humax box ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sorry to trouble you again.

Hopefully other helpful forum members will come up with some further suggestions or a solution to your problem, otherwise you will have to go through a process of elimination to find what is causing your Humax box to switch off whilst watching the NowTV App on your LG Smart TV.

Just to get the ball rolling what happens if you disconnect the HDMI cable between the Humax box and your LG TV and just leave the satellite cable and power cable connected to the Humax box, then try recording a show off the satellite feed whilst watching the NowTV App ?

Another test you could try to eliminate an IR conflict would be to temporary cover the IR sensor on the Humax box with some black masking tape and again record a program off the satellite feed whilst again watching the NowTV App to see if you get the same results.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The more i think about your problem the more weird it sounds that an inbuilt App on your TV is effecting your Humax box, where i can understand your frustration.

I am assuming you are using the inbuilt NowTV App on your LG smart TV and don't have another NowTV device such has a NowTV box connected somehow into your Humax box ? 

I am guessing you have tried switching off all the power feature options on the Humax box.

It's strange that only the NowTV App from all the LG Smart TV inbuilt apps is effecting your Humax box.

Out of curiosity what is the model number of your LG smart TV and your Humax Freesat box ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, sorry for the delayed response and thank you for all your help!

It is the Now TV app on the LG 43UJ634V and the Humax is HDR 1100S.  I am not too sure what you mean about the power feature options but I will try your suggestions.  Maybe it will work through the Roku instead?

thanks for your help.

Juli

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Thanks for the model numbers.

I am baffled how the LG NowTV app on your television is effecting your Humax box (doesn't make any sense to me).

Don't own a Humax box, but in the box menu settings there may be an options to switch off any eco or automatic power down settings.

You should be fine using your Roku player connected directly into one of the HDMI ports on your television.

Post back here if the Roku player is also effecting your Humax box when watching via the Roku NowTV app.

However, i would imagine you would prefer using the NowTV directly from your LG smart TV App ?

Another question is your Humax box connected to the internet by WiFi or using an Ethernet cable ?