cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor stream quality on LG TV

Help i have recently bought a brand new LG smart TV - i am getting incredibly poor stream quality on my now tv. it is on a wireless connection but in the exact position as my PS4 which i had absolutely no problem with.

i have already rebooted my router, reistalled the app to no avail. I have checked my broadband connection and i am getting >30mbs and all other apps stream absolutely fine. i dont see why this shouldnt work on a wireless connection when a ps4 that is nearly 7 years old has no problem!!! Having changed devices on my now tv i am unable to readd my ps4 to watch films for 1 month - what a waste of money!!!

any suggestions?

cheers

David.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There seem to be a few people with issues but personally I have had no issues and I’m on standard sky broadband and get a really good picture I wonder if this is an issue with certain models or routers.  As I said I’ve got the standard sky broadband and using their router on a 49sj810v tv in the bedroom and a roku downstairs and don’t have any issues.  I have to say a lot of complaints I have seen on here seem to have fibre for some bizarre reason don’t know if it’s related.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same issues, all over apps Netflix included can stream in 4K, whereas Now TV app on LG Smart TV streams at 90........... what the hell now TV.

No it’s not the router, no it’s not networking, yes it’s your App, please fix, these issues have been dating back to 2014 from other forum posts
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue.  Works fine when connected via a UTP cable but 90 bit stream rate on wireless.    Tried with two different routers and two different broad band providers.

TV wll be going back to richer sounds if not sorted soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can  watch  sky sports  on  pc  but  streaming  quality on lg  tv  is dreadful

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue! Bought the LG smart TV. Everything streams perfectly. Netflix, amazon sky, except for th Now TV app. Poor streaming quality at 90. I’m also on Sky. It’s definitely not the broadband. Please fix! Otherwise I’ll have to return my TV and get a Samsung.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone actually heard back from now tv about whether this will ever be fixed? We brought a new LG smart tv recently, never had an issue with streaming now tv anywhere else and we have another tv in a different room that works fine.. surely given the amount of people who've complained they must be trying to fix this???!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happening to me too! Can watch it fine on the roku stick but not on the LG TV app... any solutions?