cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor quality on LG TV sky sports

The streaming quality is currently 284 which is worse than SD it is certainly not 720p as advertised.

I have a 1gb connection with no problems http://hyperoptic.com. All other services Amazon, Netflix, all work fine the NOW TV app version is 00002.00002 it says it the latest. Please check streaming servers. Match starts at 1.30 I would like it fixed by then. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

I will send you an email soon

Thanks

Andy

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely terrible quality. Still 284
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hmmm... that's not good.

In the interest in collecting information: -
What's your LG televisions 'model number' and 'Software Version'?
What's your NOW TV 'app' version? Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen?
Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)? Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App...
How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My model is lg42-820v now TV app version 0002.0002 software LG firmware version 04.11.23 up to date. I have initialised apps and rebooted router. Still 284 quality
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
My model is lg42-820v 

You've missed some letters out Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connected via cat 6 cable.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG 42UB820V-ZH
Legend 5
Legend 5

I think sometimes of the LG smart TV the output is surreal. I got one recently. It was set automatically to "Vivid" which made the actors look like they were superimposed on the screen. I found the "Expert 1" setting was best for how I like the screen to look. It may be worth adjusting settings to get the picture balance you like.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sadly for Salsoul, colour options aside, a quality setting of just 284 isn't going to offer satisfactory looking images...

It's been a while since I watched live F1 on my LG television but the last time I did I was most impressed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It eventually sorted itself out. just in time for extra time (5mins)right at the end of the match the quality shot upto 3584 and it looked as it should. Dissapointed I payed £7 for that though. bad bad picture was worse than terrestrial. It reminded me of Channel 5 in the old days.

Thanks for your help anyway