cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stream not working

Hi, ive got an LG smart tv with the now tv app already installed and im having problems with the apo as it is loading fine and as soon as i click on a show to watch it the stream wont load and it just stays as a black screen, ive tried initialising the premium swction and that didnt change anything, also can i ask if now tv can be put on android tv?
3 REPLIES 3
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• When did you first start having issues?
  • What's the 'Model' number of your 'smart' television?
  • What's the 'Software Version' number of your 'smart' television?
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • Have you tried deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app (if possible on your model)?
  • How is your 'smart' television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Are you accessing the NOW TV service from within the UK or Éire?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi i have only just signed up for now tv the other day there fore i am
still in the 14 day free trial. The model of my smart tv is 50LB580V - ZM.
The current version of software on the tv is 04.04.25. The software version
for our current now TV app is 2.27.0 and it is not possible to delete the
app as it came with the tv when we bought it. The tv is connected to the
internet through a hard wired ethernet connection. We are accessing nowtv
in the uk and our current broadband supplier is talk talk. There was no
need to reboot the router as it is a brand new provider and we have had no
problems with the provider except from the problems with the now tv app.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

Although the (NetCast) operating system on your LG television is the oldest version that supports the NOW TV app, it should still work. Albeit more slowly...

It sounds like you'll have to perform a 'factory reset' (which can be found via the 'Option' setting). I have to do it every-so often on my LG TV's, that run the older NetCast OS when they become unstable. Which usually occurs after a couple of software updates!

Sufficed to say, a factory reset means you'll have to re-tune all your TV channels and you'll loose all your pre-sets. So make a note of them before you give it a go!

Cheers