cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'Now TV' Freezing, dropping out and regularly requiring me to log on again and again!

My TV details:

Model 47LM640T-ZA

Software version: 04.62.12

SDK version: 02.08

Browser version: V5.00.00r5774

Serial no: 212WRCY20147

MAC: C0: 41: F6: 88: E3: D9

ESN: LGTV20122=21005410757

Widevine: LGTV12PMTK001988578

I have no idea what some of the above means but have detailed everything I can find about the TV before somebody asks me! I am trying desparately to watch the Test Match but every 10-15 minutes it breaks up and 'drops out' - sometimes it recovers but more often it does not and I have to restart the TV. 50% of the time I have to sign in again after such a 'dropping out'. This is a preinstalled Now TV app so I expected it to be trouble-free. I am also rebooting my router several time a day but this does not help the situation.

My ISP is Virgin and my broadband package is 'VIVID 200 Optical Fibre'. The streaming quality displayed at top rhs of screen currently reads 4865 and I have absolutely no problems with other streaming apps - my iPlayer and Netflix take seconds to start up and very, very rarely drop out or break up and others such as itv Player are equally satisfactory via a Samsung Blueray player. My internet input into the TV is by LAN. I have no VPN on any devices.

Can anyone help me to resolve these issues?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you are experiencing intermittent random picture freezing on the nowtv sports streams, then you might be encountering the same problems that all these members have experienced on this 30 page and growing thread.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Sports/On-Sports-channels-picture-freezes-sound-continues/td-p/413820/page/30

If this is the case i would suggest add your comments and frustration to the thread.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User what router are you using. Can you try changing to 5ghz WiFi or Ethernet? X
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watched The Open without trouble on Thursday and Friday but today, Saturday, 22/7/17, it freezes frequently. It sometimes returns but usually I have to exit and re-enter and on one occasion was unable to turn TV off and had to resort to the mains plug. I have an LG Smart TV and my broadband speed 15 secs ago was 54 Mbps. This is not the performance I expect and have paid for.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue today. Sound and picture OK but continuous buffering problems. Golf ball moves 10 feet per frame !

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User,

Unfortunately some people are experiencing freezing and drop-out issues with the NOW TV Sky Sports service. For more information please refer to the following dedicated topic: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/LG/Now-TV-Freezing-dropping-out-and-regularly-requiring-me-to-log/m-p/434872

Cheers