cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error Code 1

I've have started to have problems watching my entertainment pass live since the start of 2017. I have tried many things to fix it but none have worked. When I am watching live the program will either freeze, buffer repeatedly or return an Error code 1. If I exit the program then go back in again I can start watching live again. Frustratingly this only affects Sky channels (One, Atlantic etc.) but doesn't affect others (Gold, Comedy Central, MTV etc.) This is only affecting live streaming, watching a Sky 1 program on catch up is works fine. It is also only affecting my LG Smart TV. I watched Hawaii 5-0 last Sunday live on the Smart TV and my Smartphone. The program worked fine on the phone and froze and buffered on the TV. Things I have tried so far are: -

1) Broadband speed test when buffering returns a speed between 8 - 12 Mbps

2) Connecting the TV using a different LAN cable

3) Connecting the TV using Wireless

4) Setting up the router connection by manually entering the IP address etc.

5) Manually setting the date and time on the TV

6) Doing a full factory re-set on the TV

7) Running a software update on the TV (the latest update is installed)

None have fixed the problem.

The Now TV App was pre-installed on the TV and there is no uninstall / reinstall facility that I can find.

This is starting to drive me mad. Does anyone know a fix.

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi ,

We have had our LG TV for over a year with no issues  with Now TV but in the last week or so, anything we try to watch stops after a minute or 2 and says Error 1. This is obvioulsy really annoying now! I saw in other threads that the following questions were asked so I have replied already to those below.

Would be great to get this fixed as we are currently thinking of leaving Now TV because of this issue, unfortunately.

Thanks.

• Are you an existing or brand new NOW TV subscriber?

Existing.

• If you are an existing subscriber, when did you start having issues?

1 week ago

• What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Product/Service Info.]

40UF695V-ZB

• What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]

• Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App]

Yes.

• How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Wifi

• Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

Virgin Media

• Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?

No

• Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?

Yes

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just done a factory reset too and same problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Also is your tv connected by ethernet or wireless if wireless could you try a wired connection

If none of these work please try these steps

Manually configure the connection to the router through a wireless connection

1. Press the Menu or Settings button on the LG remote control.
  2. Scroll down to the Network option (the icon that looks like a globe with a plane flying around it).
  3. Select Network Status and make note of the IP address, Subnet and Gateway numbers.
  4. Go back then select Network Connection.
  5. Select Start Connection then Enter Manual.
  6. Type the numbers for the IP address, Subnet and Gateway.
  7. Type 4.2.2.2 as the DNS number.
  8. Complete the connection and head back to the Smart Menu.

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, as far as I can see there is now way to uninstall the app from the TV, do you know how I do that?

As for using a wired connection, we are currently using Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube and BBCiPlayer all fine on the TV so I can't see that it would be a connection issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This must be the same problem I am having (See my thread) but I am getting Error Code 1.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest, who's your ISP?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm with BT.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Here is a few steps you can follow for issues with your LG TV

http://po.st/Bn0wsA

I hope this helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous User Here is a few steps you can follow for issues with your LG TV http://po.st/Bn0wsA I hope this helps.