cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV App not working on LG TV after update

Hi

My TV updated yesterday and since then I can't get onto my NOWTV. I just get a swirling bar and a small message in the corner saying plugin missing. 

Is there anything I can do to fix this. I'm missing not being able to watch my shows as sad as that sounds.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Success!

LG pushed an update to the TV this morning. Software version is now 04.62.13. All services are now working again including Now TV and Amazon.

So, PSA: software version 04.62.12 is bugged on some models of LG TV including 55LM960V. Wait for 04.62.13 to resolve the issue.

Factory reset will not help. You need to wait for 04.62.13 to be pushed. It cannot be downloaded because the LG website is horrifically out of date.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have just read the thread you linked thanks. However, I have no issues signing in and it isnt that it reads plug in missing anywhere, I can do everything upto ' activate' when the message 'Unable to activate due to Microsoft silverlight not installed' appears. I have only tried the Sports voucher; I'm assuming Silverlight is required for Entertainment and Cinema as well?

The thread did help explain where to find the NowTV firmware number though, mine reads 2.13.3.

Had considered a factory reset but it appears to achieve nothing although I guess you could argue what is there to lose! Seems others have tried this method with no success though, so will hold off on that idea at the moment. Here is the actual main text response from LG customer support.

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble that you are experiencing and hope that I can be of assistance today. This is a very odd issue and if I&#39m honest it&#39s one that I haven&#39t heard of before. Streaming from the applications should work no issues, and we have no information that suggests otherwise. What I would suggest is contacting the app developer (Now TV) and see if they know why the issue is occurring.

I have not tried uninstalling the App and re-installing it, not even sure if this is possible to be honest, but will investigate.

thanks again.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have only tried the Sports voucher; I'm assuming Silverlight is required for Entertainment and Cinema as well?

No @Anonymous User,

Silverlight IS NOT required at all when using the NOW TV app on an LG television!

Much as I hate to say it (and as I said in the other topic), it sounds like you'll have to perform a 'factory reset' (which can be found via the 'Option' setting).

I have to do it every-so often on my LG TV's when they become unstable. Which usually occurs after a couple of software updates!

Sufficed to say, a factory reset means you'll have to re-tune all your TV channels and you'll loose all your pre-sets. So make a note of them before you give it a go!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

See More Digital

I misunderstood. I was (wrongly) under the impression I NEEDED silverlight  to get it to work ! (Wish LG support had stated this).

I will try a reset and join NOW TV on their cheap £3 deal for 3 months just to see if it works so I can watch the football next time with my vouchers.

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi here is some troubleshooting steps to help resolve this :

The NOW TV Player has been created for Mac users following the withdrawal of Silverlight

Microsoft has now withdrawn Silverlight support for Macs, so if customers don’t already have Silverlight installed, they’ll no longer be able to download it. NOW TV have create an alternative way of viewing for Mac users the NOW TV Player

How to install the NOW TV Player

To trigger the Player download, you’ll need to choose something to watch and hit play. You’ll then be prompted to download the Player.

Troubleshooting

1.Restart the NOW TV Player Close the NOW TV Player, go back to the NOW TV website and re-launch the NOW TV Player by clicking play on the show, movie or sports program again.
2.Reinstall the NOW TV Player
3.If the customer's unable to download the NOW TV Player file, send them this link to direct download it web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller.zip

More details on how to install and troubleshoot the player for Mac can be found on iKnow2, look for "NOW TV Player for Mac"

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I completed a factory reset as advised by SMD, updated the App firmware on Now TV and joined the free trial period on both Entertainment and Cinema to see if it works.

I can now confirm that the Now TV app IS working on the TV on these 2 channels! (Although bear in mind I hadn't actually tested these 2 channels prior to the factory reset to see if they worked anyway, as my issue was activating the sports pass/ silverlight on Sky Sports etc). Nevertheless, it seems logical they would not of worked and so it appears the reset has in fact done the trick.

I will wait until my team are playing on Sky again before i activate another sports pass to confirm Sky Sports does actually work as well without the Silverlight issue and will post the final outcome when known, although it might be a while as the 'Canaries' are no longer regulars to the big screen.

See More Digital, thank you so much for all your help, keep up the good work as trying to get relevant support from the main players can seem a little lacking or irrelevant sometimes and people like you are a godsend for providing ideas and prompt responses.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

I am unable to connect to my now tv account via my lg tv.
Tv is connected via Wi-Fi
Tv is lg tm2792s-szp
Software version is 04-60-17

Can you help pls.
Regards
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User where did you get the TV? I can't see it for sale currently in the UK or on the LG UK website.

When you try to log in exactly what happens? Are you getting an error code or is it saying incorrect log in.
If incorrect log in then double click details using. It's amazing how easy it is to miss out a character of user name or password.
If error code post back.
In meantime check settings on your TV that assuming you are in UK it is set to UK. That software is up to date. Finally that the app is up to date. (Check version in LG app store).
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @4268,

@Anonymous User has got one of the LG 'monitor' range of display screens. Which were first manufactured around 5 years old now. Some of which even had basic DVB-T tuners.

@Anonymous User, first-things-first. Have you ever been able to access the NOW TV service on your TM2792S-SZ? Is the NOW TV app accessible?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I have before
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Much as I hate to say it but you'll have to perform a 'factory reset' (which can be found via the 'Option' setting).

I have to do it every-so often on my LG TV's when they become unstable. Which usually occurs after a couple software updates.

Sufficed to say, a factory reset means you'll loose all your pre-sets. So make a note of them before you give it a go!

Cheers