cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV App not working on LG TV after update

Hi

My TV updated yesterday and since then I can't get onto my NOWTV. I just get a swirling bar and a small message in the corner saying plugin missing. 

Is there anything I can do to fix this. I'm missing not being able to watch my shows as sad as that sounds.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Success!

LG pushed an update to the TV this morning. Software version is now 04.62.13. All services are now working again including Now TV and Amazon.

So, PSA: software version 04.62.12 is bugged on some models of LG TV including 55LM960V. Wait for 04.62.13 to resolve the issue.

Factory reset will not help. You need to wait for 04.62.13 to be pushed. It cannot be downloaded because the LG website is horrifically out of date.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A quick Google suggests we're not the only people with this problem. For example here:

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/LG/I-can-t-login-to-my-now-account-on-LG-tv-but-I-can-on-the/td-p/2835...

Also, Netflix works.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

You say you have a 'plug in' issue! Which is a TV software issue!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It doesn't really matter whether the TV software or the Now TV applicaiton is to 'blame', does it? The TV has the latest software and a factory reset has been performed, and Now TV still doesn't work. Other streaming services do work.

We have been in touch with LG also, but this is obviously a serious issue which both Now TV and LG need to address.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User,

On your model of LG television, the 'premium' apps are embedded within the TV's NetCast OS (operating system) and can't be removed by the end-user. So if the TV's software becomes unstable, the apps become unstable. However, not all the 'apps' will be affected in the same way because they are all coded very differently!

Usually stability issues can be resolved by performing a 'factory reset' (or even several factory resets). It's often good practice to manually re-install the TV's software (new or old) and perform yet another factory reset.

Either way, the LG televisions OS will have to be made stable before you can move onto any further steps... Which has nothing to do with NOW TV!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, that's useful information 🙂

Obviously, Now TV must have *something* to do with the Now TV app! But anyway, as I said, the 'blame' for the problem isn't really important to us.

We will try performing another factory reset. How many do you think we'll need? We are in touch with LG but after we told them the factory reset didn't work they've gone silent. The software version on the LG website is from August 2014 so I don't hold out much hope of installing that helping. However, if, say, three more factory resets fail I will try installing that because there will be literally nothing else left to try.

Thanks for your help. This is obviously a very dissappointing experiece but we appreciate your help.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Obviously, Now TV must have *something* to do with the Now TV app! 

Obviously they do. But as I mentioned before, if there was a problem with the NOW TV app, especially a 'plugin missing' related problem. The 'LG Device' sub-section of this forum would be alive with complaints... But there are none besides you 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have a 2016 LG TV model 55UF950V.

When I tried to use the NOW TV App installed on the TV to watch a football match on Sky Sports it refused to stream it due to an error message that Microsoft Silverlight was not installed on the TV.

I updated the App and TV software to the latest firmware but no difference. Looking at MS website it seems to only be compatible to a windows device on a browser such as IE or Firefox.

I ended up watching the match on my computer as a result.

Is it possible to download Silverlight to the TV? If so, how ? I attempted it via the internet on my TV but it didnt work.

Otherwise, whats the point of the NOW TV App if it doesnt play anything!

Thanks in advance.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

You should not be seeing a 'Silverlight' issue when using the built-in NOW TV app on your LG television!

It sounds like your TV's software may have developed a fault. Which version do you currently have installed?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for a quick response.

Not sure whether you are after the TV software latest update or the Now TV App?

The Tv update is to 04.05.35 and indicates their are no other updates available.

The Now TV app was updated on the 2nd Jan 17, just before I tried to use the App and activate my voucher. I cannot determine what the actual firmware numbers are for this particular update.

Hope this helps in some way.

For info, I contacted the LG help desk regarding this matter. Their response was " we have not come across this problem before and dont know how to fix it, try Now TV" - great technical help. Not! 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

For info, I contacted the LG help desk regarding this matter. Their response was " we have not come across this problem before and dont know how to fix it, try Now TV" - great technical help. Not! 

That's odd @Anonymous User,

Because something very similar to your issue was reported only a couple of weeks ago. See here: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/LG/NOWTV-App-not-working-on-LG-TV-after-update/m-p/412089

Cheers