cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV App not working on LG TV after update

Hi

My TV updated yesterday and since then I can't get onto my NOWTV. I just get a swirling bar and a small message in the corner saying plugin missing. 

Is there anything I can do to fix this. I'm missing not being able to watch my shows as sad as that sounds.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Success!

LG pushed an update to the TV this morning. Software version is now 04.62.13. All services are now working again including Now TV and Amazon.

So, PSA: software version 04.62.12 is bugged on some models of LG TV including 55LM960V. Wait for 04.62.13 to resolve the issue.

Factory reset will not help. You need to wait for 04.62.13 to be pushed. It cannot be downloaded because the LG website is horrifically out of date.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have exactly the same problem, missing plug in appeared in the top left hand corner after a software update (current version 04.62.12). Opens the NowTV app as normal, asks me to sign in then nothing. I can sign in on the other TV, on my mobile, ipad etc just not on the LG Smart TV I've watched it on for the past 11 months

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number ?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Product/Service Info.]
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App]
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?
  • Do other 'apps' such as BBC iPlayer work okay on your LG television?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us (forum members) and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much for all your help!

We purchased the TV from Richer Sounds in January 2013. Its serial number is 212MAWL2C041. The physical label actually gives the model as 55LM960V - ZB.

My partner just reminded me of something. A couple of years ago Now TV emailed us to ask if we'd like to beta test a new app version in return for a few free months. We said yes. A few days later the TV updated and we had the 'green' version of Now TV for about a week. After a week, Now TV emailed us to say they'd decided not to support our TV but we could still have the free months, and a few days later the app reverted to the old (was it blue?) version.

A few months after that the TV one day updated to the green version again. We didn't think much of it. But could this be related to the trouble we're having now?

You're probably going to say we should contact Now TV. But we have and they directed us to this thread lol!
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Which version of the NOW TV app do you currently have installed?

If you can, after launching the NOW TV app, scroll down to 'My Account', press 'OK' and the version number is at the top right of the screen...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sure 🙂 The version of the app is 2.13.3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Success!

LG pushed an update to the TV this morning. Software version is now 04.62.13. All services are now working again including Now TV and Amazon.

So, PSA: software version 04.62.12 is bugged on some models of LG TV including 55LM960V. Wait for 04.62.13 to resolve the issue.

Factory reset will not help. You need to wait for 04.62.13 to be pushed. It cannot be downloaded because the LG website is horrifically out of date.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well... I did say that the issue was related to your TV's software 😉 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My issue comes when I am asked to sign in to NowTV -- the email and password box comes up but when I try to type in my details, the keyboard doesn't come up to use it to enter details so I can't sign to view NowTV. It comes up for other apps.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• Are you an existing or brand new NOW TV subscriber?
  • If you are an existing subscriber, when did you start having issues?
  • What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Product/Service Info.]
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App]
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
TV model LG webos TV JH 850V version 3.3.1-719 – have done reset as well but no good
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
TV model LG webos TV JH 850V version 3.3.1-719 – have done reset as well but no good

Can you answer the other questions too please @Anonymous User?