cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV App not working on LG TV after update

Hi

My TV updated yesterday and since then I can't get onto my NOWTV. I just get a swirling bar and a small message in the corner saying plugin missing. 

Is there anything I can do to fix this. I'm missing not being able to watch my shows as sad as that sounds.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Success!

LG pushed an update to the TV this morning. Software version is now 04.62.13. All services are now working again including Now TV and Amazon.

So, PSA: software version 04.62.12 is bugged on some models of LG TV including 55LM960V. Wait for 04.62.13 to resolve the issue.

Factory reset will not help. You need to wait for 04.62.13 to be pushed. It cannot be downloaded because the LG website is horrifically out of date.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• Are you an existing or brand new NOW TV subscriber?
  • If you are an existing subscriber, when did you start having issues?
  • What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Product/Service Info.]
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App]
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?
  • Do other 'apps' such as BBC iPlayer work okay on your LG television?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI

I am an existing customer. 

I thought I'd got it running for a second when I went into settings and put in initalilzation of premium. I was able to get to the password section. It wasn't logging in so I went out and tried to go back in and it's back to how it was before with not opening the app and saying there is a plugin missing. 

All other apps, Netfilx, Iplayer etc are working fine.

TV modell is 55LM960v-zb 

Internet is via cable

provider is Virgin

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Okay @Anonymous User,

• What's your LG televisions 'Software Version' number?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Product/Service Info.]
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Contected via ethernet

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Much as I hate to say it, it sounds like you'll have to perform a 'factory reset' (which can be found via the 'Option' setting).

I have to do it every-so often on my LG TV's when they become unstable. Which usually occurs after a couple of software updates!

Sufficed to say, a factory reset means you'll have to re-tune all your TV channels and you'll loose all your pre-sets. So make a note of them before you give it a go!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only just managed to do the factory reset. It's made no difference. Says plug in missing and won't let me log in.
However discovered I also have an issue with the amazon app. So it's something to do with the latest LG software update I think.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
...So it's something to do with the latest LG software update I think.

Could well be @Anonymous User,

I suggest you visit LG's web site, download the newest software for your model of television and manually install it...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for this. Unfortunately the software version on the website (04.60.03) is actually older than the version currently on the TV (04.62.12).

Surely there's somewhere we can contact Now TV and tell them their app is broken?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Surely there's somewhere we can contact Now TV and tell them their app is broken?

Eh?

The NOW TV 'app' is working fine on all my LG televisions. And given that no other LG television owners have reported problems and you have stated that "I also have an issue with the amazon app" this would suggest it's more likely that your TV's software update is corrupt...

Contact LG and ask them to confirm the latest software version for your model of television. And tell 'them' about your issue!