cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV App on LG TV

I have the NOW TV app on my LG tv as opposed to a NOW TV box. Why are there less channels available, for example no ITV Hub or 4oD?
Also, if I bought just a box on its own, could i use my App login and use the box with no additional charges for the extra content?
Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You can have up to four devices registered to your account and watch on up to two of them at the same time, so yes you can buy a box, login with the same NOW TV account you use on your TV and that will give you full access to the on-demand apps such as BBC, ITV, All4 and Demand5 as well as watching any entertainment/movies/sports passes you currently have.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User imagine the NOW TV box as an iPad or your TV. The apps available depend on each developer making them for each device. Now whilst all of these have the the NOW TV app, they might not have the ITV Hub, All 4 or Demand 5. You'll need to ask those companies to build an LG version if you don't want to use the NOW TV box. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

When it comes to UK TV catch-up services, LG currently offer just the BBC iPlayer and Demand 5 apps. 

As far as I'm aware, currently Samsung and Panasonic are the only television manufacturers to offer the ITV Hub and All4 apps as well...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou artesea, that actually makes sense thankyou.
As regards the second part of my question, if i buy a box, which does have all the extra content available, is my current account useable, i.e. do you think i'll be able to simply plug the box in, logon and have full use of my account?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You can have up to four devices registered to your account and watch on up to two of them at the same time, so yes you can buy a box, login with the same NOW TV account you use on your TV and that will give you full access to the on-demand apps such as BBC, ITV, All4 and Demand5 as well as watching any entertainment/movies/sports passes you currently have.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy, that's brilliant. Appreciate your help.