cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Missing Now TV App

Hi, I have signed up to Now TV but cannot find the Now TV app on my new LG TV (LG 55EG920V), I think it I might have thought I was hiding the shortcut, but it's actually deleted (removed from the main shortcut bar).

I'm stuck on how to get this back - can I download it manually? It's not listed in the LG App store.

I have seen instructions concerning resetting the Premium settings to show it again, all I can find in settings is a general 'Reset to Initial Settings' option, will this bring it back? I don't want to try this without knowing, as I assume I'll need to re-install all other apps, log-in to each one, create browser bookmarks etc again!

Thx

S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks, we were blown away with the OLED picture when we saw it in a shop - had to get one!

It is definitely up-to-date software-wise, but NowTV isn't listed anywhere in the LG Store. There is a 'Top Free' and 'Top Paid' menu, does Premium relate to Paid? In any case, it's not listed, is it just called NowTV?

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yes it is just called now TV the remote should have a voice control function. If the app is installed on your TV. That would take you straight to it , or if it's available but not installed, it should find it for you.. I'm not sure why they call that section of the content store 'premium' . Some of the services in that section are not paid services for example on my 2015 LG TV BBC iPlayer is in that section. Most of the apps in that section, though, are for subscription services such as nowTV

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, I have signed up to Now TV but cannot find the Now TV app on my new LG TV (LG 55EG920V), I think it I might have thought I was hiding the shortcut, but it's actually deleted (removed from the main shortcut bar).

I'm stuck on how to get this back - can I download it manually? It's not listed in the LG App store.

I have seen instructions concerning resetting the Premium settings to show it again, all I can find in settings is a general 'Reset to Initial Settings' option, will this bring it back? I don't want to try this without knowing, as I assume I'll need to re-install all other apps, log-in to each one, create browser bookmarks etc again!

Thx

S

Hi @Anonymous User

I've just done a quick search on your TV model appears to be a 2015 OLED model is this correct? If so I'm a bit jealousSmiley Happy

The now TV app is not installed automatically on all LG TV models on some models, it has to be installed manually. To do this go to the LG content store and go to the premium section, you should find now TV in there. As it looks as if your TV is a 2015 model it should have webOS 2 on it

I'd also recommend you make sure that your TV has the latest software to do this go to settings > advanced > general > about this TV and you should see an option to to check the software updates . If you weren't able to find the now TV app in the premium section of the LG content store check the premium section of the store again after doing a software update.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, we were blown away with the OLED picture when we saw it in a shop - had to get one!

It is definitely up-to-date software-wise, but NowTV isn't listed anywhere in the LG Store. There is a 'Top Free' and 'Top Paid' menu, does Premium relate to Paid? In any case, it's not listed, is it just called NowTV?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yes it is just called now TV the remote should have a voice control function. If the app is installed on your TV. That would take you straight to it , or if it's available but not installed, it should find it for you.. I'm not sure why they call that section of the content store 'premium' . Some of the services in that section are not paid services for example on my 2015 LG TV BBC iPlayer is in that section. Most of the apps in that section, though, are for subscription services such as nowTV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah brilliant, thanks! Saying the name of the app opened up the app page where I could install it again (no idea why it wasn't listed on the Apps page).

Most importantly, I didn't reset everything to find this out!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Very well done... I keep forgetting about the voice control options on these smart TV's...