cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't sign in to my now TV account on my lg DVD player. It's a registered device, I have a current entertainment pass but when I try to sign in it says session token missing. My other devices are working fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

NOW TV have posted a service status about this issue here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issue-watching-NOW-TV-on-LG-Blue-Ray-24-02-2016/...

If you go to the post and click Topic Options > Subscribe (you'll need to be signed in to do this) then you should receive an email when there is any news on this issue.

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
Legend 5
Legend 5
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issues-Logging-in-to-NOW-TV-across-multiple-Dev... that could be the reason @Anonymous User
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same problems, nowtv app on lg BP350 Blueray player will not play any pictures or sound, just a black screen.

used to work ok

can sign in OK, checked the wifi connection, the lg Blueray player is listed in "my devices" 

i can view menu's and select films, but am not getting anything to play.

also have the app on Xbox downstairs, and that's working fine, just the lg Blueray player

tried to follow the link in the post above, but it says access denied 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the nowtv app on an LG BP350 Blueray player which used to work fine for the 3 month free pass trial, since then I have paid £9.99 to continue viewing, then I tried to cancel it and was offered a reduced price of around £4 a month for 3 months. Ever since then, I have not been able to play anything back using the app on this Blueray player.

I can sign into my account, I can see the film options, I can select what film I want to watch, but them the screen goes black and nothing plays and there is no sound.

I've checked my wifi connection, the lg Blueray player is listed in "my devices"

I also have the app on Xbox and that's working ok, but it's not in the room where I want to watch nowtv. 

Can someone tell me what is going off with it, I really want to just cancel the whole thing and walk away, but it's not the easiest thing to cancel.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have the nowtv app on an LG BP350 Blueray player which used to work fine for the 3 month free pass trial, since then I have paid £9.99 to continue viewing, then I tried to cancel it and was offered a reduced price of around £4 a month for 3 months. Ever since then, I have not been able to play anything back using the app on this Blueray player.

I can sign into my account, I can see the film options, I can select what film I want to watch, but them the screen goes black and nothing plays and there is no sound.

I've checked my wifi connection, the lg Blueray player is listed in "my devices"

I also have the app on Xbox and that's working ok, but it's not in the room where I want to watch nowtv. 

Can someone tell me what is going off with it, I really want to just cancel the whole thing and walk away, but it's not the easiest thing to cancel.

Hi @Anonymous User I'm sorry to hear that your having so much hassle with your LG Bluray player and NOW TV App. I have one fix but even then i'd take it with a pinch of salt. 

To fix this:

• Press the Home / Smart button on your remote control
  • Go to Settings and scroll down to Support
  • Select Initialisation of Premium and press OK when prompted.

If your settings don’t match the ones above, try these steps instead:

• Press the Home / Smart button on your remote control
  • Go to Premium and choose Option (or press GREEN if using a standard remote control)
  • Select Initialisation of Premium and press OK when prompted.

Also, is there anyway of uninstalling the app? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

tried to follow your advice, but I can't se how to navigate to any of the menus/settings you have mentioned 

cannot see where or how to uninstall the app either

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you haven't done-so already I suggest you perform a 'Factory Reset'...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank goodness I found this! I'm having the exact same problem on my lg bp250!! Worked fine up until yesterday but now won't play a thing even though I can see all the options!

Now tv works fine on my ps4 and other apps which require Internet work fine on the bluray player so I'm wondering if it's an issue with a software update?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi there,

I've got both the entertainment and movie package from now TV and have been using my lg bp250 blu ray player to stream for a long time now.

This morning I switched on the device as usual and went to watch a film - I was able to choose the film but when I click on what I want to watch, it appears to load and the screen turns black. If I press a button the timer and info bars at the top/bottom of the screen appear but the timer bar stays at 0:00. No error messages appear and I have other service which are working from my device perfectly.

I've been on live chat with an advisor who took me through a number of different steps to try to remedy the situation but he's now escalated the problem to the technical team, as nothing worked.

I was just wondering if anyone else with the same device was experiencing anything similar?

Thank you!
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Before you do anything else I suggest you re-boot your router (and ethernet switches), as it often helps resolve de-synchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect the devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting.

Cheers