cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG smart tv with NOW TV app not working ?

Hi. Both the tv app and my nowtv box will not let me stream on my LG tv. I’ve tried everything that has been suggested on all the threads containing the LG tv error code 2 topic. My white nowtv box plays previews on the tv, but when it comes to streaming something like ‘Billions’, it gives me an error message. I’ve tried both a wireless and a wired connection. Shall I give up?

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User So just to check you have an entertainment and cinema pass on your account, but on your LG app it lets you watch the films but not TV shows? If so you tried going to the My Account screen on the app and signing out then back in again?

If that doesn't work post back with details of what happens when you try to play a TV show (and messages, codes etc) and I'll tag some of the LG users on the forum who might help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So thanks Andy for suggestions - I tried closing and reopening my account but still only getting Movies on the TV and not boxed sets.  I can get the boxed sets on my computer.  Could it be that my TV is not actually a smart TV (LG 420D450)?

Kris

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User So just to check you have an entertainment and cinema pass on your account, but on your LG app it lets you watch the films but not TV shows? If so you tried going to the My Account screen on the app and signing out then back in again?

If that doesn't work post back with details of what happens when you try to play a TV show (and messages, codes etc) and I'll tag some of the LG users on the forum who might help.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Just caught me at the right time!

Can I just check you are definitely watching using an app on your actual LG TV rather than an app on another device connected to the TV?

The reason I ask is that the YouView box (eg BT/TalkTalk or retail YouView boxes) are the one device that only gets movies passes on them and can't be used to watch any of the other passes. If you are using a YouView box connected to your LG TV then unfortunately you won't be able to do anything to get it working and would need to use a different device instead.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If your LG TV is not a smart television, then what external nowtv playback device have you got connected to your television ?

It's not a YouView box by any chance ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes you guessed right it is a YouTube box.  Does that preclude getting box sets?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry I meant YouView

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yep, like @Andy mentioned in his posted message number 13 on here, with a YouView box due to the licensing rights you can only watch NowTV on demand movies on the YouView platform and won't be able to watch entertainment boxsets Smiley Sad