cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG smart tv with NOW TV app not working ?

I have an older LG TV modle 47LA620V-ZA, ethernet cable connected, S/W level is 04-28-14

Virgin 150Mb Broadband. It is working with iPlayer etc.

I have just subscribed to NOW TV. 

NOW TV loads, I can log in and I can view all the menus etc, it dosnt matter what I select as it goes straigh to a black screen and nothing happens. I cant ''go back' so the only way out is to press the ''Smart TV ' button and start again.

Is this TV too old to use the APP provided? Do I have to purchase a NOW TV Box, really didnt want yet another box.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is this TV too old to use the APP provided? Do I have to purchase a NOW TV Box, really didnt want yet another box.

Hi @Anonymous User,

Although the (NetCast) operating system on your LG television is the oldest version that supports the NOW TV app, it should still work. Albeit more slowly...

It sounds like you'll have to perform a 'factory reset' (which can be found via the 'Option' setting). I have to do it every-so often on my LG TV's, that run the older NetCast OS when they become unstable. Which usually occurs after a couple of software updates!

Sufficed to say, a factory reset means you'll have to re-tune all your TV channels and you'll loose all your pre-sets. So make a note of them before you give it a go!

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User,

Although the (NetCast) operating system on your LG television is the oldest version that supports the NOW TV app, it should still work. Albeit more slowly...

It sounds like you'll have to perform a 'factory reset' (which can be found via the 'Option' setting). I have to do it every-so often on my LG TV's, that run the older NetCast OS when they become unstable. Which usually occurs after a couple of software updates!

Sufficed to say, a factory reset means you'll have to re-tune all your TV channels and you'll loose all your pre-sets. So make a note of them before you give it a go!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks, didnt know about that option. What a palaver setting all the options back up, but thankfully its working. Not to slow to be honest, picture and sound are good.

regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I hav the same problem on a lg 43 smart Lh604v. I have the app but it won't launch. It just keeps coming up" oops that didn't go to plan,please try again later".I tried the factory reset and it's still not working Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you