cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG TV

the app works fine on the TV, the problem is getting it going, It seem to take forever to start. Has anyone else noticed this.

8 REPLIES 8
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's your LG television's model number?

How is it connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless Ethernet connection?

Cheers 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's wired and, I think it's to do with now tv upgrade before the kids section was added it was fine. it's work ok when running it just take a long time to initate. The tv is a very modern model 42LM602T

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alandc,

The best Signal quality for now Tv Box is BTs first box into your house.

If its too far away, Maplin sell a home networking (TP-Link 500mbps £29.99)

What that doe's is use the houses wall sockets to connect Now tv box to the router

pluged into first socket.

You plug the (Receiver) TP-Link into the back of Now tv box, and plug the other

end into a three pin wall socket.

Take the second TP-Link (Sender)) and plug the ethernet end into your Router.

and the other end into the nearest  three pin wall socket. Mint.

To check  if its poor broadband signal you can remove (Two screws) the front

plate of the BT wall socket and plug the router into BT test socket in back of the

wall plate socket. That will up the signal about 20%. but it's just to check, because

it will up router signal, but cut of all phones till you connect wall plate back up.

Alandc, I have a LG LM760T more or less the same setup as yours.

What you have to do with the LG tv when you install the Now tv box, or anything

connected piece , like a Satallite box or DVD, is to setup Picture and sound for that

equipment. You will have set your picture quality for freeview (I like a Vivid Picture).

Well it's the same for your Now tv Box setup

If you check your freeview settings like Brightness, Contrast and so on.

Then switch on your Now tv box, go into LG Settings and it will have all Picture

settings set to Standard. (Not Vivid as I have set on Freeview).

So it's just a case of setting the picture quality you Like, an your LG tv will hold

that picture quality only for the Now tv box.

It;s the same if your LG has 3D, when you switch to 3D you have to go into

picture setting and change the standard setting to the settings you Like.

Alandc, I have just had my Now Tv box two weeks, I started of with the, ON offer

£20 box with 4 month movies pass, please with picture, had a little shimer on

fast action even hard wired or wifi, both the same as each other.

Then I bought the NOW Smart tv box £35 with 5 month entertainment Pass.

The picture quality is as good as a Sky HD satellite box, if not better.

The Smart box stream's Sky cinema in 720p HD where as

Now tv box stream's 576i SD.

The picture is motion smooth, and Picture sharp, even when it tuned in the Freeview

chanels (174 channels) they seemed sharper then LG Freeview BBC channels.

Alandc, when your setting the Now tv box picture setting, go down

to Real cinema, The best pictue Quality on the Now tv box is......

....Real Cinema OFF...True Motion OFF...Motion eye Care OFF.

Hope that Helps BF,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI ALL,

Can I take My Now TV box to my Sisters to show her how

it works, and can I take it on holiday in the UK to view Films.

Thanks BF.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Taking the box to your sisters house should be fine (just change the wifi setup to suit your sisters home network).

When taking the box on hoildays in the UK just bear in mind that the box needs to connect to a home or open network.

If the place you are staying is a secure shared network where you need to access secondary log in details then the nowtv box will not be able access this type of network directly (you may have to create a wifi hotspot with something like a laptop etc).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

@schnapps,  Thanks for Good info.

Schnapps, have you any Info on anyone owning a Hisense ULED 4k tv, with a Nowtv smart 720p box.

Thinking of buying one, it looks to go though.

Im after upscaling the Nowtv 720p to near 4k resolution, and the Hisense will do that (?) acording

to reveiws. One thing I have to find out, is what the picture quality on terrestrial Freeview is like with it being 4k.

Schnapps, The Hisense 65m7000 ULED HDR is £1299 at john Lewis and this year Hisense (Chinese) 

went Head to Head with Samsung  and LGs OLED  £3500 4k tv's and made them look dull compared

to the Hisense ULED. (U Ultra) lg OLED (O Organic).

Thanks BF.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately i don't know anybody who owns a Hisense 4 K TV, saying that Hisense seem to be getting some good reviews from owners over on AVForums.

I think the Hisense brand (if they can keep undercutting the Japanese and Koreans on price versus quality) will be a household brand in a few years time (i think Hisense are currently either the third or fourth largest TV manufacturer in the world).

I can always remember when Samsung and Lucky Goldstar (LG) started emerging in the UK market, who would have thought well established companies like Toshiba, JVC and Sharp (who have sold their TV branding rights) are virtually non existent now in the UK.

Every 4K TV that you buy will have an inbuilt scaler to up convert the signal from SD all the way up to UHD 4K, obviously some TV's have better upscaling then others.

When watching Freeview SD on a 4K TV the picture in my opinion looks soft & with a lot of picture noise due to the amount of upscaling involved from the UHD TV's that i have seen in action.

Where on my Panasonic 50inch UHD TV, Freeview HD, the nowtv smart box, AFTV such has Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, Blu-rays all looks really good (not sure how the nowtv on a 65inch 4K TV shall look you would need to judge the PQ for yourself).

I won't watch a nowtv 720p stream on my 92inch Home Cinema Projector screen for two reasons at this size the picture starts to look soft with more noticeable picture artefacts and only 2 channel stereo sound (Netflix and Amazon Is far superior in respect to PQ and SQ especially on a Projector screen and using a surround sound Cinema system).

Watching NowTV using the smart box on my 50inch 4K is absolutely fine with a 2.1 soundbar.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

@schnapps Thanks for Knowledgeable Info.

Will pop into Richer Sounds tomorrow, hope  their is one on display'

6 year Guarantte on 65 Hisense 4k, If it nocked spots of LG OLED must be something.

Sighed up at Richer Sounds as a VIP, nopt shur what the entails

Thanks BF.