cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG TV App not working

Hi,

I get this error when I load the Now TV App on my LG Smart TV. 

"Well that didn't go to plan. NOW TV isn't working. Please try again in a bit".

It never works. All other Apps work fine. NOW TV works fine on other devices. I've done a Factory Reset on the TV and updated all Apps. Does this App work in Ireland?

Thanks

K

27 REPLIES 27
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I believe that it is being tested. @Anonymous User might be able to tell you how to get on the BETA tests for devices.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. It should work with some models of LG Smart TVs but they don't specify which models. Unfortunately this forum is for UK customers and ROI don't have their own forum so I'd recommend getting in touch with ROI live chat to see if they can help. Click the green contact us button on this page to reach them

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/how-to-get-now-tv-on-your-lg-television

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

The LG app for Now TV  was due to launch yesterday in the ROI however there was a slight delay i am waiting on confirmation on whether or not it went live if it has then you may just be having technical issues. if so we would ask that you contact one of the ROI live chat agents here http://ienow.tv/help . i will hopefully have this confirmed this evening and i will let you know. in future please use the help site on the link i provided for help as we don't have a ROI community page and so we would not be able to answer most questions here due to that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app is now live so please do use the link in my last comment to contact one of the ROI live chat agents for help on this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still working with Now TV support. I've gone through 2 levels and have not heard from the 3rd level in a week. Apparently my TV is supported, the Firmware is up to date, the app is installed. But I get this error when the App is loading. I never get to the login page.

week. 20170804_171622 (002).jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is this issue resolved for you? 

It's ongoing for me since I took out the subscription. I tried everything, assumed it is an app problem and waited for an update. I've gone back to try make it work but I'm having zero luck. 

I'm in Ireland and it's a LG LH590 running 4.30.45. 

I have gone through countless combinations of the following: deleting and reinstalling the app. Deleting the app, turning off the tv, restarting it, reinstalling it. I've run a factory reset. I've made sure everything is updated. I've deleted every other app on the system. 

It's the same error every time and it offers no explanation or code, just 'try again later'. It's months, how later is later?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm in England, Hertfordshire and I have the same issue and error messages. Strangely problem seems to be since I changed from Virgin Media to BT and because of the sighting of my Hub I can only connect wirelessly to my LG TV (same room 6 meters from hub to TV)

Any offers for a solution please

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Bit of a long shot try first switching off the smart setup on the BT Router.

Instructions here.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

If that doesn't work, perhaps try deleting the NowTV App and then re install the App again from the TV's App store.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know. Cheers