cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG TV App not working

Hi,

I get this error when I load the Now TV App on my LG Smart TV. 

"Well that didn't go to plan. NOW TV isn't working. Please try again in a bit".

It never works. All other Apps work fine. NOW TV works fine on other devices. I've done a Factory Reset on the TV and updated all Apps. Does this App work in Ireland?

Thanks

K

27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous User
Not applicable

so i have this also.dpent 2 hours onto now tv support and they are usless. in the end they told me to contact lg. its obviously a software error that now tv wont admit to as the uk version loads perfect if you reset your location to the uk. i just couldnt be bothered and subscribed to the netflix ap instead.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• What's the 'make' and 'model' number of your 'smart' television?
  • What's the 'Software Version' number of your 'smart' television?
  • Are you accessing the NOW TV service from within the UK or Éire?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi my tv is an lg uk6950pla and i am getting a message saying well that didnt go to pla  please try again later, my internet provider is virgin media and this app previously worked on this tv when i last used now tv. its frustrating signing up onky to realise i camt use the app, can someone please let me know why this is happening?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi my tv is an lg uk6950pla and i am getting a message saying well that didnt go to pla  please try again later, my internet provider is virgin media and this app previously worked on this tv when i last used now tv. its frustrating signing up onky to realise i camt use the app, can someone please let me know why this is happening?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi the tv is 55LH604,isp is vodafone irl. software version on tv is 05.30.01(latest all software up to date) accessing now tv ireland in ireland.no vpn beingvused. router has been rebooted. again i am guessing but is must be an issue with the mow tv software not recognising its irish version on the tv
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I've been having the exact same issue on my LG tv... been onto LG no dice... they say it's a software issue with the app. Been onto Now tv still waiting on a response... I got the usual turn it on and off again rubbish... I got the transcripts off now tv so I can bring the TV back to the retailer and get a refund as it's now faulty... because the app does not work.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• When did you first start having issues?
  • What's the 'Model' number of your 'smart' television?
  • What's the 'Software Version' number of your 'smart' television?
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • Have you tried deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app (if possible on your model)?
  • How is your 'smart' television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Are you accessing the NOW TV service from within the UK or Éire?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?
  • Do other 'apps' such as BBC iPlayer work okay on your 'smart' television?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I'm not sure LG will accept a TV back due to an app not working. The LG app does work, I used it last night myself. Can you advise in detail what you have tried.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

so no update on this?? can you at least acknowledge there is a problem with the now tv ap on lg tvs in ireland??
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive had same issue as all above on the latest LG 55b7 tv. It seems changing location settings have a bearing and as of today there are different versions on NOWTV app in LG Content store.

• Broadcast country IRELAND
  • Lg Services country IRELAND

In this situation LG content store has no “premium options” so choose Nowtv by manual type search. It found NowTv version 1.0.6 dated 30/5/17 and gave message “well that didn’t go plan” 

Then I changed location to UK , 

• Broadcast country UK
  • Lg Services country UK.   
  • In this situation I can install NOWTV app from “premium option” (note premium option not available when location set to Ireland). It found NowTV version 2.0.9 dated 31/8/17 , let me log in and view content but not play content, it gave message “there seems to be an issue with your account. You either haven’t registered your payment details or your payment details have expired” . (even though I can use service on PC and Iphone)

As I understand it NowTV can only be used in country of purchase, so Ireland for me. Using LG TV set to UK, lets NOWTV app appear but wont play content as it probably realises IP address in Ireland and thats when the account error appears.

DOES anyone have nowtv running through LG tv app?