cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

LG Fans

Hi everyone

I am updating my 10 year old faithful LG tv to a newer model and my question is how do you find the NowTV app on your LG smart Tv's?

I currently use a black Now Tv box and am happy with it and it is stable and hardly ever buffers, should I stick to that or ditch it for the app on the TV? I have tried the app on my Samsung and I found that it was pretty terrible, with drops in picture quality and buffering.

I am hoping to have the tv wired rather than wifi

32 REPLIES 32
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi

Treating yourself at Xmas? Good for you! Most people seem to be happy on the whole with NOW TV on LG, but I'll tag @commanda6 and @4268 who are forum regulars who use LG to watch, they should be able to give you the lowdown and answer any questions.

Lindzi
Elite 2

thanks @Andy

Well I have been looking at TVs for ages and though ah it's Xmas treat yourself Smiley Happy

I read the forums and see lots of moans about inbuilt apps so thought that I could get a heads up from current users to see if it's worth the bother or just stick to the black box.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Problem with reading the forums is most people only visit when something goes wrong so you end up getting a skewed opinion of how reliable something is. From what I've picked up here and there LG SMart TV owners seem to be happy with their lot and the WebOS system they use seems more user friendly and consistent than some of the others.

Anyway I'm sure @commanda6 will give you a good lowdown on the pros and cons when he has time!

Lindzi
Elite 2

thanks @Andy  and you are absolutely right. Maybe I will just go with it, as I can always plug the black box back in if it gives me any trouble

Can't wait!! Although buying new stuff gives me anxiety I always second guess myself and trawl forums for horror stories to confirm that I have made the wrong decision....totally nuts! Smiley Embarassed

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi The most important question is .... Bigger screen?

Bigger screen = bigger dragons = better GoT

Simple maths! 🙂

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy

Slightly bigger screen and 4k job but I think only Netflix has some 4k stuff?

It will be bright, shiny and new so always exciting Smiley Happy

Thank you @commanda6  I may pick your brains if I don't understand what I am doing, but most reviews are saying that it is easy to set up and use so even I should be able to manage it

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 Just to be nosey, how do you find the app compared with NOW TV box? Just as good as? Any features missing? Reliable?

@Lindzi who knows, with a bit of luck all your Continue Watching woes might be about to disappear! 

Lindzi
Elite 2

ha ha @Andy  I would be over the moon if it did Smiley LOL

The Samsung TV didn't work but LG may!! Although I really believe that it is the old Virgin hub that I have, and I really should call them for upgrades. Job to do on my Xmas break from work Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

I really should call them for upgrades. Job to do on my Xmas break from work Smiley Happy

@Lindzi Xmas 2018? 😉