cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG Blueray DVD not playing content

Hi, just bought an LG DVD comprible with NOW TV, worked fine for the past couple of days but today we ca brows but it wont play it just goes to black sceen.

are there any reported similar issues?
81 REPLIES 81
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the BP-255 Blu-Ray player and NowTV gives me a black screen when I press play on the selected movie. Netlix and iPlayer work brilliantly.

I log in, I select the movie..... black screen.

No response to my ticket with tech support, 5 weeks waiting.

I have managed to find a comment on another forum about this problem, it says that the NowTV LG app is old and has compatibility problems because the LG's firmware is old and incompatible.

It seems like LG will not be updating firmware for such an old model and NowTV's 'spaghetti code' app will never work properly without some love from NowTV.

Netflix care about their customers and have a working app for LG users. NowTV expect you to throw out your LG and replace it with the latest tech in order to watch, because you are a minority user and not worth the effort.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

As you can see your new topic has been merged into this existing topic which is about the same subject. 

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not a log-in problem, stop moving my thread to page 7 of a different thread.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User,

There appears to be a problem with LG Blu-ray/DVD player in general.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I appreciate the need to hide my post, but I am searching for a solution.

My problem IS NOT SOLVED.

Moving our posts about this faulty app to a solved solution thread about a different problem is just wrong.

Why are you doing this?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Okay... The topic has now been split from the date when this new issue was first flagged.

Cheers

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Glad to see common sense has prevailed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem with my LG BP350 - log in fine, select a title and then black screen with stream quality of 90. I have tried all the 'fixes' (factory reset, rebooting router, logging out / back in again) all to no avail. As @Anonymous User I bought the LG box as it was a blu ray player with NowTV already built in to eliminate the need for additional boxes or buying a dedicated NowTV box.
If NowTV could sort this issue please that would be grand. Or else why am I paying for a service I can't receive?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

HI Guys, we have just got an update that this is now currently under investigation, we will keep you updated on the resolve.

Sorry for any inconvenince caused. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's now been nearly two weeks, so I hope it is resolved very soon.