cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG Blueray DVD not playing content

Hi, just bought an LG DVD comprible with NOW TV, worked fine for the past couple of days but today we ca brows but it wont play it just goes to black sceen.

are there any reported similar issues?
81 REPLIES 81
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you haven't already done-so, try re-booting your router by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unofrtunately that doesn't seem to help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The above is sounding familiar.

Have been watching Now TV content for several months via my LG Blu-ray player without any problems.

Watched a couple of episodes of Veep early yesterday evening - no issues.

When back on just after 10 to watch GoT - nothing; the black screen issue other people mentioned. 

Netflix and the BBC iplayer are fine - it's just Now TV I'm having problems with. Have logged out and logged in again, and disconnected power for 30 secs - no improvement. 

Very frustrating.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried a factory reset on the blu-ray player - no joy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Not a bluray issue but a phone issue

Thanks

IMcC

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Not a bluray issue but a phone issue...

Hi @Anonymous User,

Are you a NOW TV 'combo' (phone/internet/media) customer by any chance?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, all of a sudden now TV isn't working on my LG blu ray player. You can access it as normal, even pick the show you want to watch and then it comes up with a buffering circle but doesn't load or anything. The internet speed is very good, I don't have anything downloading at the same time, no error codes are coming up. My new now TV box that I have been sent is working fine (in the kitchen, we fitted that at the weekend and have now moved it into the lounge for the time being) but I cannot understand why the now TV on the blu ray has suddenly stopped workin
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

As you can see your new topic has been merged into this existing topic which is about the same subject. 

Cheers

Request to @Anonymous User Members: Are any of you guys able to shed any light on this issue please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can confirm I've also done a factory reset on my Blu-Ray player without any luck, very frustrating... I've also removed and added the LG BLu-Ray from Now TV devices without any success.

I'd much rather be watching GoT on my TV than my tiny laptop screen...

For reference my Blu_ray player is a BP350

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the BP-255 Blu-Ray player and NowTV gives me a black screen when I press play on the selected movie. Netlix and iPlayer work brilliantly.

No response to my ticket with tech support, 5 weeks waiting.

I have managed to find a comment on another forum about this problem, it says that the NowTV LG app is old and has compatibility problems because the LG's firmware is old and incompatible.

It seems like LG will not be updating firmware for such an old model and NowTV's 'spaghetti code' app will never work properly without some love from NowTV.

Netflix care about their customers and have a working app for LG users. NowTV expect you to throw out your LG and replace it with the latest tech in order to watch, because you are a minority user and not worth the effort.