cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG Blueray DVD not playing content

Hi, just bought an LG DVD comprible with NOW TV, worked fine for the past couple of days but today we ca brows but it wont play it just goes to black sceen.

are there any reported similar issues?
81 REPLIES 81
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi SteppyB

I cancelled our subscription today. If they ever sort this shambles out I may rejoin but for now I've had enough. Good luck!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

That's a shame @Anonymous User.

I know it's not a perfect solution but there are other ways to access the NOW TV service. Indeed if anyones interested Currys/PC World are currently offering the following 'black' box 'bundle' deals: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 2 month 'Movies' pass @ £14.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 3 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £14.99

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the advice re the NOW TV box, but one of the reasons I bought the LG blu-ray player was because of the services it provided such as Netflix, BBC iplayer... and NOW TV.

Like other posters, this black screen situation is continuing with no sign of a resolution, which is extremely frustrating.

It is good to know the Tech people are looking into it, but please can they expedite it? It's been nearly a week now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A shame? 

I think its a "shame" that:

1) Now TV's service breaks down after 8 days of use. Eight days.

2) That their Customer Service is only available through Live Chat or email, not a person to person conversation to resolve issues.

3) That their Customer Service say that their Technical team will be in touch in 24 hours. And they're not. 3 times I was told this. Im still waiting after 5 days for any contact from them.

4) And that the only solution thats been suggested to me is yours (who apparently doesn't work for Now TV) and its to spend more money.

How about Now TV sort the issue out rather than leaving it to me to fix it by buying different kit? Which isn't a solution really because it ignores the actual problem with the LG app and leaves everyone else with an LG Bluray player without a service.

Perhaps we should all go out and buy the kit you suggest? Great for the NowTV revenue stream. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've now done the Live Chat. After taking their advice and removing and re-plugging in cables and checking the software, I was told someone would get back to me in 24 hours. Here's hoping...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV should be ashamed of their shambolic customer service. After 3 x Live Chats and a separate email to their customer services, I've STILL received no acknowledgement or sign of resolution.

As a subsidiary company of Sky, you'd expect better. 

Until now, I've had no reason to question the service, however, it's in situations like this when you can get the measure of a company! Shambles.

My service will be cancelled tonight.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not familiar with your LG DVD smart player, but this is what i would try if i was in your position.

Log out of your NowTV App, then power down the LG player at the mains outlet (leave it for a minute) then switch back on and sign back into the NowTV app.

If that doesn't work see if there is an option on the LG player to either check for software updates or gives you the choice to delete and re install the NowTV App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi, just bought an LG DVD comprible with NOW TV, worked fine for the past couple of days but today we ca brows but it wont play it just goes to black sceen.

are there any reported similar issues?

@Anonymous User

Are you reffering to an LG tv? 

If so we have an article you can follow on the help centre here that will help you with this : 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/The-NOW-TV-app-took-a-long-time-to-load-LG

also make sure that you are connected up correctly follow these steps here:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/connect-to-the-internet-lg

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Over the years there's been various issues regarding LG Blu-ray/DVD players. See here: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/LG/Log-in-problems-with-now-tv-on-my-lg-DVD-player/m-p/355264

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I'm also having issues with my LG blu-ray player. Last week it worked fine for playing GoT but this week I can't seem to stream anything, it just loads up with a blank screen stream quality stays on 90 and it never plays...