cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG Blueray DVD not playing content

Hi, just bought an LG DVD comprible with NOW TV, worked fine for the past couple of days but today we ca brows but it wont play it just goes to black sceen.

are there any reported similar issues?
81 REPLIES 81
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this exact problem myself and no one on live chat has been able to fix it! I had one temporary solution after trying everything suggested!
This was removing the DVD player from your devices and then re-adding it! It was only a temp fix as the problems started again pretty much straight away.

Also huge problem is the limit on registered devices...if you do this too much in one month you'll lock out that device
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have had exactly the same problem since Monday 24th July. Prior to that all was working fine. 

Been in contact with Now TV twice on their Live Chat facility (why can't I speak to someone?) and no one can help. Been told twice that Technical Team will be in touch, first time within 24 hours. They werent. Second time within 48 hours and Im still waiting. 

Only just joined NowTV and very very unimpressed. They make Virgin Media customer services look brilliant and thats really saying something. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User.

Which model of LG Blu-ray/DVD player do you have?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. 

BP350. Worked fien until Monday, since then no content. Can access Menu, pick programme and episode to watch but when pressing play, just have black screen. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Any chance this could be passed onto the tech teams to see if there's an issue with watching on LG Blu-Ray players at the mo, or any advice for those affected? Cheers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Any chance this could be passed onto the tech teams to see if there's an issue with watching on LG Blu-Ray players at the mo, or any advice for those affected? Cheers.

@Andy

Thanks for the Tag, we will raise this fourm Thread into the tech support now and have an update hopefully soon 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im now 5 days without Now TV through my LG BP350 BluRay player. 

Had three Live Chats and every time, have been told that Technical Support wil be in touch within 24 hours. As of now, its 84 hours and no contact. Why pay for a service that Im not receiving and that no one at NowTV seems remotely interested in trying to fix? 

Appalling service. Cancelling contract. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And guess what....... Here is ANOTHER customer with an LG BP350 Blu Ray / DVD Player who has been experiencing a black screen when  trying to watch programmes.

Have had no problems in the past until Tuesday evening. Have Live Chatted 3 times (Sharlaine and Aman are 2 of the staff, the other cut our live chat) and was advised it had been escalated to the Tech Team, who would be in touch..... As yet, still no resolution or contact.

I've just emailed them instead of Live Chatting, but have a feeling this is going to get me nowhere! 

Bit of a shambles if you ask me. Think i'll be cancelling my NowTV subscription again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

We have not recieved no updates yet unfortunately from our backoffice Tech department but I will do another push for a resolve for this today and keep you guys updated 🙂 

Thanks the Nowtv Team