@Nadine-K

In 5 weeks, you've told us that:

27/7 - Issued raised to back office

2/8 - Under investigation

10/8 - Still under investigation

11/8 - Escalated to LG

24/8 - Sent to Back office

31/8 - currently under investigation backoffice

So "Back Office" were informed about this on 27/7 and 24/8. Were they on holiday the first time? 

How about someone, somewhere at Now TV actually takes this issue seriously?

Contributor 1

Re: LG Blueray DVD not playing content

It's working! Got back from a weekend away, thought I'd give it a try, and it was back to normal.

Hopefully that will continue to be the case.

Funny how it was out of operation for the run of Game Of Thrones. Hmmm....

Champion 4

spider1 wrote:

It's working! Got back from a weekend away, thought I'd give it a try, and it was back to normal.

Hi @spider1,

Has LG issued a new software. If-so, what version number is it?

Has NOW TV issued a new software. If-so, what version number is it?

[Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Contributor 1

Don't think there's been an update. It's still 4.5

First Poster

Just bought a new LG BP350 blu ray and getting the same problems with Now TV that have been highlighted on this thread - ie can log-in, select a film but then just get black screen.

Have tired factory reset and have updated the software on the unit but problem is still there. iPlayer and Netflix work perfectly.

Is anyone else still having problems?

Thanks

Occasional Poster

[ Edited ]

Yes same problem - sometimes even says get pass when logged in like it hasnt recognised my accounts.

Got it to play once for a few mins - then nothing

Just sat there stream quality 90. Latest firmware (may2016) on device. netflix I player and network streaming all fine.

Fact that i can see selctions make selection suggests some possible back end bandwidth/routing problems between LG smart portal and Now tv?

Occasional Poster

[ Edited ]

Update to post

This is not logged anywhere as a technical issue if you search help pages - why the heck not?

Also noted if i use the skip forward keys;

dabblerpr wrote:

Yes same problem - sometimes even says get pass when logged in like it hasnt recognised my accounts.

Got it to play once for a few mins - then nothing

Just sat there stream quality 90. Latest firmware (may2016) on device. netflix I player and network streaming all fine.

Fact that i can see selctions make selection suggests some possible back end bandwidth/routing problems between LG smart portal and Now tv?

can see the selected program/movie skip forward (and this logs in the now tv accout) but you still cant play anything.

Highlighted
First Poster

I have exactly the same issue with my LG BP550 Blu Ray player. All other TV streaming apps work well on the player (iPlayer, Netfix etc.), it's only the Now TV app that struggles and now plays at stream quality 90 when it used to work well. I also have an Xbox 360 and an original small black Now TV box that both work well when streaming Now TV content through the same infrastructure as the LG player. The one thing that I will say is that the app user interface on the LG player does look 'old' (it shows as version 4.5) when compared with the user interfaces of the Xbox app and the Now TV box app. Does anyone know if LG are actively supporting the Now TV app across its smart DVD/Blu Ray players and are Now TV looking at our issues as a fault?