cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG 40LF590V NOWTV app showing 1/4 of the programme, top left of picture issues.

As previously added to a post by Jay787, I have an issue on the above TV, a SMART LG tv using webOS.

Bith the TV and the NOWTV app are up-to-date, but many programmes appear as only showing the top left of the programme.

[video]

This has just been reported to NOWTV, and they are investigating the issue, but the issue doesn't happen with NETFLIX/AMAZON apps as provided by LG. They also haven't happened with any other app or kive tv from the LG app list, only with NOWTV.

I am running the following software:

NOWTV V1.3.15
LG 49FL590V    webOS TV s/w v 03.11.45   Wireless internet connection.

I am gratefulto anyone (including NOWTV) wh can suggest a resolution to this, as NOWTV is not really watchable.
LG have been contacted, and directed me to NOWTV for a solution.

Once this is resolved I will post here.

Sng

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers, the fix does work on live streams but as @Anonymous User points out you could watch the new GoT episodes in the morning or straight after work wothout adverts as they get added to the catchup list early 🙂

Hopefully the fix shouldn't be too long
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

Is everybody still having this issue? I recently bought a 48LF590V and I am having a same issue albeit intermittently .

Thanks,

James

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous User

We've still got people looking into this issue, I've just added your account on there so you'll be able to get their udpates and fixes via email.

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not sorted? Match begins in 59 minutes?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Still not sorted? Match begins in 59 minutes?

Have you tried @Anonymous User work-around. As mentioned here: http://community.nowtv.com/t5/LG/LG-40LF590V-NOWTV-app-showing-1-4-of-the-programme-top-left-of/m-p/362944#M4236

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. It occurs when I start watching a programme, leave it for some reason and then resume it. When the programme resumes you only get to see a portion of the screen. I used to be able to correct this by choosing to play from beginning as opposed to resume but now I don't get this option.

Does anybody know if there is effectively a reset for the now TV app without uninstalling and reinstalling it?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Can you confirm your LG televisions model number and current software version please?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same issue same tv
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did u get a resolution
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Can you please confirm the following information: -

• What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Product/Service Info.]
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • If you have an NetCast OS based LG television, have you tried its 'Intialization of App' option?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App]
  • If you have an webOS based LG television, have you tried deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app?
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Cheers