cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG 40LF590V NOWTV app showing 1/4 of the programme, top left of picture issues.

As previously added to a post by Jay787, I have an issue on the above TV, a SMART LG tv using webOS.

Bith the TV and the NOWTV app are up-to-date, but many programmes appear as only showing the top left of the programme.

[video]

This has just been reported to NOWTV, and they are investigating the issue, but the issue doesn't happen with NETFLIX/AMAZON apps as provided by LG. They also haven't happened with any other app or kive tv from the LG app list, only with NOWTV.

I am running the following software:

NOWTV V1.3.15
LG 49FL590V    webOS TV s/w v 03.11.45   Wireless internet connection.

I am gratefulto anyone (including NOWTV) wh can suggest a resolution to this, as NOWTV is not really watchable.
LG have been contacted, and directed me to NOWTV for a solution.

Once this is resolved I will post here.

Sng

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Intermittently when watching Now TV on the smart TVs app the tv automatically zooms in to the top left hand corner of the picture and won't return to normal.
Any ideas?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum,

In the interest in collecting information: -
What's your LG televisions 'model number' and 'Software Version'?
What's your NOW TV 'app' version? Which can be found by launching the Now TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen?
Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)? Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App...
How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
Do other 'apps' such as BBC iPlayer work okay on your LG television?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Many thanks.  To answer the questions - 

What's your LG televisions 'model number' and 'Software Version'?   LG 49LF590V,  software version 03.11.45

What's your NOW TV 'app' version? Which can be found by launching the Now TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen?         1.3.7

Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)? Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App...                                                     Cannot find this

How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?   Wired connection

Do other 'apps' such as BBC iPlayer work okay on your LG television?             Everything else seems to work fine and the problem with NOW TV is intermittent, but when it does occur will not right itself for days.  The menus display fine it is only when a programme starts that it zooms.

Thanks

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi Jay,

Your LG 49LF590V runs WebOS, which is LG's newest operating system, so it does not offer an 'Intialization of App' option. It does however allow you to un-install and re-install all of its 'apps'.

I've just checked my LG television and the newest version of the Now TV app is 1.3.15, so it looks like you need to update Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this exact issue too, on an LG49LF590V. My software version is also the same as yours, and I'm told that I am up to date.

I have just reset the TV, and will reload the NOWTV app, and let you know how I get on.

NOWTV v. 2.0.4

Still not working......

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As a further update, here's what I have found...

When trying to watch WALKING DEAD i have the top left quarter only.

When I watch DA VINCI it begins with the channel ident, FOX, and the programme, shown as the top left quarter only, BUT, if I pause and rewind after 8seconfds, and leave it to begin playing, the full screen is shown, and the programme plays as normal.

This doesn't work with ANY of the WALKING DEAD that I have tried. 

During PAUSE both shows are streaming at 3100.

This means that WALKING DEAD isn't watchable.

It implies the issue may be with the FOX transmission that NOWTV is using.....  Can anyone confirm from NOWTV that they understand this issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Further viewing issues on Live TV through the NOWTV APP...

[video]

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

see new thread

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/LG/LG-40LF590V-NOWTV-app-showing-1-4-of-the-programme-top-left-of/m-p/356583#U356583

To avoid confusion we could do with these two threads/topics being merged together...