cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ITV Hub

ITV Hub app is available using now box but not (as far as I can detemine) on 2nd TV. It's an LG smart (so say) TV with no ITV Hub app loaded or cleared for use so was relying on now tv app (supported by LG) to get to ITV hub. I can't find this or the iplayer app from the now tv GUI????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The nowtv boxes comes with third party additional apps such has BBC IPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5 as standard which are not imbedded in the GUI of the NowTV app (they are separate).

The NowTV app that comes with the LG or Samsung smart TV's only comes with the dedicated NowTV App for watching the NowTV content. 

To prove this If you go to My Apps on the NowTV box and click on the NowTV App the GUI layout will be similar to your LG smart TV.

To get the Apps such has BBC IPlayer, ITV Hub etc on your LG smart TV you need to download them from the LG TV own Apps Store (not sure what it is called because i don't own a LG smart TV). 

Not all smart TV manufactures will provide all four of the main UK catchup apps (again i am not sure what LG offer in their App Store).

My Panasonic smart television provides all four of the catch up service apps from the Firefox Apps Store , but unfortunately there is no NowTV app Smiley Sad 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Depending on the model number/age of your LG television it will only offer BBC iPlayer and Demand5 UK based 'catch-up' apps. Only the newer webOS based LG televisions offer the ITV Hub and All4 apps too.

The 'apps' that LG offer has nothing to do with NOW TV...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I can access ITV hub using the now TV box on primary Device (TV). Secondary device (TV) supports now TV via app but after entering now TV there is no link to either iplayer or Hub on secondary device. So why does the box support these features when the Now TV app on secondary devices does not? Is Now TV fully functional on accross the permitted number of platforms or not?

As an aside, the LG TV less than a year old is has webOS.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The nowtv boxes comes with third party additional apps such has BBC IPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5 as standard which are not imbedded in the GUI of the NowTV app (they are separate).

The NowTV app that comes with the LG or Samsung smart TV's only comes with the dedicated NowTV App for watching the NowTV content. 

To prove this If you go to My Apps on the NowTV box and click on the NowTV App the GUI layout will be similar to your LG smart TV.

To get the Apps such has BBC IPlayer, ITV Hub etc on your LG smart TV you need to download them from the LG TV own Apps Store (not sure what it is called because i don't own a LG smart TV). 

Not all smart TV manufactures will provide all four of the main UK catchup apps (again i am not sure what LG offer in their App Store).

My Panasonic smart television provides all four of the catch up service apps from the Firefox Apps Store , but unfortunately there is no NowTV app Smiley Sad 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the confirmation. I can now understand why some functionality is not available in the app. As you indicate, we have the usual inconsistant standardisation with OEM's. How I wish there were EU norms and standards to cover media platforms. It's like the wild west when selecting TVs and boxes.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

How I wish there were EU norms and standards to cover media platforms. It's like the wild west when selecting TVs and boxes.

Indeed, it's a real shame that UK broadcaster 'catch-up' apps support didn't fall into Freeview's or the Digital TV Group's purview...

Up until a couple of years ago only some models of Samsung televisions offered all four UK broadcaster 'catch-up' apps (ie: BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 and Demand 5). Followed by Panasonic (who UI was pretty poor).

LG now offer all four UK broadcaster 'catch-up' apps but only for televisions that run their webOS 3.3.1-xxxx (and above) software...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone be having problems recently with ITV hub app on now to smart box. Has the programmes been crashing back to the episodes page after 12 to 15 minutes of watching.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can anyone help ? All of a sudden ive lost itv ie the old stv .. I've got itv 2 and 4and citv but itv itself seems to have disappeared overnight on my tv ..
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Are you talking about the Freeview channel that you tune in on your TV?

If so, then this doesn't sound like a problem with NowTV.

But if it’s on the old NowTV Smart Box that took an aerial connection and tuned in TV channels, then try tuning again now it’s cooler than yesterday.

The hot weather can play merry hell with terrestrial transmitter signals.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Roy b .. thanks for reply... no it's not freeview .. I'm not connected via any tv aerial .. I just have a now tv stick plugged into my tv ...all i can get now is itv 2, 3,4 be and citv , whereas up till 3 days ago I had itv as well... I've restarted tv , unplugged the stick and I just cant get it back ..... it's weird !!!