cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freezing and glitchy picture

Twice now watching sky sports on now tv via LG smart TV I have had the same issue. The picture freezes and stops and then in a few seconds it's briefly is ok again before it freezes again. It's SO annoying ! The only fix is to turn the TV or app off and on again and that can take ages. And even then it can happen again.

Help me please ?!
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I gave up with the LG app and bought a Now Box, Only £20 with a four month entertainment pass. Much better picture.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

How bizarre...

The NOW TV app/service on my webOS based LG television is working really well.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Further to this. After 2 weeks of trying to fix the tv I admitted defeat and purchased a now tv box... should not have to but have and now tv works as it should. 14.99 for the fix
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. NOW TV doesn't work on LG televisions.
I pay for sport and entertainment pass. But not for much longer because you clearly can't deliver a working product.
I've followed the full steps above without success.
For context: Amazon prime and Netflix work fine in (so is not the internet connection, router or WiFi signal).
I also have a Samsung elsewhere in the house which works with NOW TV.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• What's the 'Model' number of your 'smart' television?
  • What's the 'Software Version' number of your 'smart' television?
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • Have you tried deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app (if possible on your model)?
  • Are you accessing the NOW TV service from within the UK or Éire?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Okay, details (again, context: every other premium streaming app works and now TV works on my other TV, so this is just a NowTV/LG issue)

Internet provider: Plusnet, on BT Infinity/fibre, house 4metres from green junction box, so very good internet connection.
WiFi and router has been fully reset, multiple times.
TV is connected via WiFi (as is my Samsung which works with NowTV)
I'm in the UK and not running a VPN.
Model number: LG 42LB580V-ZM
Software version: 04.04.25

I can't get the app version number because I followed the steps above (initialising premium apps), restarted TV, checked for update and now the NOWTV app completely fails to load: stuck on loading screen for 15 mins. Restarted TV, still fails to load.
Have checked Netflix and Amazon, they're both still fine, just NOWTV is broken. Completely non-functional.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Correction: from another menu, I can get a version number of the broken NowTV app: 0002.0004.

I don't have the option on this TV to remove the app.