cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User LG have a very helpful chat team if you go onto their website. They should be able to troubleshoot getting the software on your Tv working.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same issue here. All other apps work just now tv playing up again. New Lg 55 smart tv bought a little over a month ago. Error 2 seems to be a constant issue looking at threads going back to oct 2015! Think i will be cancelling subscription as this appears to be a constant bug
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Think i will be cancelling subscription as this appears to be a constant bug....

Hmmm...

I dunno what to say to you @Anonymous User. Personally, I don't think I've ever had this particular error on any of my LG televisions Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Had my LG TV for around 3 weeks now.
Every so often now TV decides it won't work anymore but normally closing down the app and reopening fixes. Well yesterday error code 2 randomly popped up and it's still doing it.

I have the LG 43UH650V
It is connected through wifi, wifi is working fine and now TV on my roku stick in the other room works fine.
There are no updates needed for my TV
There is no option to update a specific app

I bought this TV for now TV so I'll be returning if this doesn't get sorted!

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable
EDIT.

I have just tried deleting the app and re installing and still not working.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problems as many other lg smart tv users. Everytime i try and watch anything on nowtv an error code appears onscreen and i am directed here. Any help would be apppreciated, cheers

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum,

First things first. In the interest in collecting information, what's your LG televisions 'model number' and 'Software Version'?
What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available)? Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App...
How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless ethernet connection (sufficed to say, a wired connection is much more reliable)?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, sorry to hear you've had some issues with the LG TV. We're aware of some customers having this issue. I will pass your details to our technical team and we'll be in touch as quickly as we can. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have finally convinced my husband to stream all of our TV content and sold Now TV to him as he can still watch his favourite shows. We joined Now TV yesterday, cancelled our other subscription and have been out and bought a new TV today only to discover NowTV is not working on some/all LG TVs after the update. This news is going to go down like a lead balloon!!

I have noticed a lot of people asking for a estimated fix time on this. Would it please be possible for an answer??
Anonymous User
Not applicable
And just to confirm I an connected via wireless