cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I note in previous replies that you have suggested that the only solution is a wired connection...

Well I'm pretty certain that a wired connection is not "the only solution", as I'm sure many people are able to view Now TV on their LG televisions using WiFi....

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This error i also experienced.. i have found a fix that works for me. My router was set to block certain word like x rated materials and parts of the human body,as soon as i turned off the blocked word function all worked fine. My laptop now tv was not affected. Maybe worth checking your router settings.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same problem. Nowtv and LG just don't work consistently. Will report this on the other forums so people dont buy LG for Nowtv.
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User what have you personally tried to resolve this? 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had this issue on my LG 55EG910V TV, error code 2.

Found out issue was to do with DNS - my router is pointed to OpenDNS servers to block undesirable websites, turns out OpenDNS was also blocking NowTV for my LG TV only.

My dedicated Now TV box worked fine.

So I changed network settings on my TV to point to google DNS servers (8.8.8.8) and the LG NowTV app now works fine.

Hope that may help someone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,
I've read numerous threads on people having issues with LG TVs and NOWtv, this is my first experience with having a problem and keep getting the following message:
Error code = Something's not right. Give it a moment, or check Nowtv.com/status for updates. Error code 2
I am connected via Ethernet cable, I have an LG 55UB850V model and this has only happened within the time I was going to cancel my subscription but was tempted to stay due to a reduced fee, which seems a little odd. This was changed 3/4 days ago.
Any help on how to sort this issue out as will definitely be cancelling if this does not resolve.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that your having issues with your LG TV.

Would it be possible to have a look at this post and let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an LG 55EG960 connnected via Virgin 200mbs super fast wi-fi. Since my subscription to NowTV updated on or around October 17 the Error Code 02 message appears after around 3 to 5 minutes of watching. I have to turn the TV off and back on again to stand a chance of watching anything, and even then I'm lucky to catch 10 minutes of any live sporting fixture.

I'm guessing it's a problem with the NowTV servers not being able to handle traffic during the big games. Currently trying to watch the Chelsea Man U match but have been kicked off three times in the first half.

Very frustrating and would love to get my money back if possible. How do I do this please as the service is currently unusable and there are no answers to mine or other LG sufferers on this forum.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Is your televisions software up-to date? According to LG's web site the newest software is version 04.00.90 dated 29 Mar 2016

If your problems still persist, much as I hate to say it but you'll have to perform a factory reset' (which can be found via the 'Option' setting). I have to do it every-so often on my LG TV's when they become unstable. Which usually occurs after a couple software updates Smiley Surprised

Sufficed to say, a factory reset means you'll have to re-tune all your TV channels and you'll loose all your pre-sets. So make a note of them before you give it a go!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I keep getting s error code saying
Give it a moment, or check nowtv.com/status???

Yet it keeps showing and no code error is shown on nowtv? HELP 😞