cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought yesterday LG40UF770V TV. And now I'm stuck with this problem. Any solutions? tv is brand new, nowtv app is up to date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought the same to but in a 43inch not 40inch screen.

Have a read of my post here and give it a go.

It should work for you as it did me.

Good luck!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have factory reset then updated software and it has fixed problem 🙂

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi I have factory reset then updated software and it has fixed problem 🙂

Hi and welcome to the forum,

In the interest in collecting information: -
What's your LG televisions 'model number' and 'Software Version'?
What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available)? Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App...
How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless ethernet connection?

Sufficed to say, a wired (or Powerline) ethernet network connection is much more reliable...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is now working!

I bought some power line networking and tried again, but still got the dreaded error 😞

I tried a factory reset and re-installed the app and still got the error 😞

I hadn't tried live tv however so gave that a go and lo and behold there was Sky Atlantic

Finally I tried streaming Seinfeld again and there she blew, no more error!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Mine is now working!

I bought some power line networking and tried again, but still got the dreaded error 😞

I tried a factory reset and re-installed the app and still got the error 😞

I hadn't tried live tv however so gave that a go and lo and behold there was Sky Atlantic

Interested in how you viewed live TV, on mine the app is completely unresponsive once I get the error message.  Maybe I need to leave it longer than the 5 minutes I have waited so far?

Given the duration of this problem, I can't understand why they haven't regressed to the previous version if they can't fix it properly.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Given the duration of this problem, I can't understand why they haven't regressed to the previous version if they can't fix it properly.

Not everyone is experiencing the same issues (hence the need to collect accurate information). Personally I don't have any issues accessing and watching 'live' content. So in this regard the current NOW TV app (v1.1.1.4) is fine 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Interested in how you viewed live TV, on mine the app is completely unresponsive once I get the error message.  Maybe I need to leave it longer than the 5 minutes I have waited so far?

Update

went through the normal "signing on, sign on succesful, Somethings not right, completely unresponsive" sequence, but this time left it on the screen and waited.  After several minutes the screen went black for about 20 seconds, I got another sign on success message, and the app was working normally with  access to all content.  Looks like in my casethe answer is sufficient patience, although what it it was doing for all that time is a mystery.  I have tried turning the box off and on again, and to my slight surprise it was still working, so it looks like it may be OK now, but I am still a little concerned about future updates.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Nice one paulrw,

So in the interest in collecting information: -
What's your LG televisions 'model number' and 'Software Version'?
What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available)? Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App...
How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless ethernet connection?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

See my original post, LG BP-350 Blu Ray, Now TV 3.7.5.  There is no option to initialise app,only factory reset which to repeat did what it said on the box, let me in once as it had first time, then repeated the error afterwards, and again as I said no ethernet port on the box.  Box purchased on Thursday and updated to the latest release as soon as I had it connected.