cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Personally speaking @Anonymous User, I very rarely have 'Error 2' code issues that can't be quickly resolved by either restarting the NOW TV app or re-booting my LG television.

I have more problems with Amazon's video service. Indeed whenever their service takes a really long time to load or their images don't appear in their UI I know it's time to re-boot my Virgin router...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Fair enough, I will give those things a go and see if it improves the situation.

Thank you.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately it won't resolve the issue. I have no issues on Amazon on the LG TV I have no issues with Netflix on the LG TV. I have no issues watching NOW TV through my old PS3 however I continually have Error Code 2 every 15mins or so on NOW TV on the LG TV. I have tried going to factory defaults, doing all updates on NOW TV app and LG TV. I'm a network techy so have checked all network wired and wi fi in the house and still get Error Code 2. It's either LG or NOW TV I'm looking more to the latter and neither could care less. Look how long this thread is.... It's ridiculous same old things being said by NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone had a fix yet, I spent yesterday morning and last night talking to now tv and I’ve done everything they’ve said with no improvement. I’m sick of paying for this and all I’m getting is my tv crashing to error code 2 when I’m watching something, this is only on my LG smart tv not on any now tv boxes

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In much the same position as everyone else who has posted over the last 2 and a half years.  Having previously used a Now TV box for less than three months before inexplicably died, we purchased an LG TV, in part so we could watch via the app and reduce the clutter around the telly. 

Error 2 started occurring after about 2 weeks, and now randomly occurs far too regularly.  The Live Chat service is appalling, I spent so much time being passed around and asked things like have I turned my TV on and off, that I started googling Error 2 and found this thread.  Horrified to see how long this has been going on.  But for what it's worth:

• Are you an existing or brand new NOW TV subscriber?
    Signed up in July.  Switched to the app in October
  • If you are an existing subscriber, when did you start having issues?
    Within a fortnight of switching to the app from the box
  • What's your LG 'smart' televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?
    [LG] webOS TV UH603V, software version 05.30.01.  This is the latest version, and the updates are automatic.

• What's your NOW TV 'app' version?

• Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)?
    Not available that I can find

• How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
    WiFi
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
    Now TV

• Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
    No

• Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?
    Yes

• Do other 'apps' such as BBC iPlayer work okay on your LG television?
    Yes - not a single issue so far from Amazon, ITV, Channel 4, or YouTube
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a LGtv,  Did some investergating off my own, fond that your new update for NOWtv had messed up my DNS setting's in my router.  I port fowarded new setting for my router,  It work for about an hour then closed again with same code: error 2.

When back in to my Talk Talk router they had gone back to the old setting again, it's your your update, mesing up the DNS.

IP 192.168.1.1..........IP in router is 192.168.1.10.....they lose connection........I get 2 message one from the app NOWtv, and one from my TV,  Unable to find DNS server Check DNS settings......Hope this helps to get a fix soon...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have just purchased a LG TV and am having issues with the ERROR CODE 2 message.

Does anyone have any updates on this problem?

Thanks

Phil

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem. I’m unable to watch Now TV as the error message comes up every few seconds stopping viewing. We have tried everything that has been suggested on here. What’s the resolution as we have currently purchased an annual subscription that’s useless! Seems lots of ppp are having the same issue and there are no quick answers.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am also experiencing the same problem with an LG TV. Can start to watch a program but inevitably ends up with an error 2 after its started.

Internet connection has been tested and it's fine. No problems with YouTube itv hub etc.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had a nowtv box for years but just got an LG tv with Now tv app. I have the same problem as everyone else: wired connection, everything updated, everything rebooted, error code 2 persists.

To me, since this error appears on many tv models, the cause has to be somewhere in the code of 5he NowTV app. Who writes that? LG or NOWTV?

PLEASE Nowtv, sort this out and stop cutting and pasting the timewasting, useless advice. Your app is flawed, please fix it *NOW* as your name implies you will.