cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for the link to the thread but no help at all. It seems it is a
common problem that needs sorting. So hence as I sit here with a black
screen telling me they is an error I shall get my partner to cancel our
subscription tomorrow.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately i don't own a LG smart TV so i can't comment about your issues you are encountering sorry.

Just to let you know i have been using the NowTV black box and i can honestly say it has been working flawlessly for me personally for over 18 months now with no problems whatsoever.

You can pick up these boxes for £15 with either a free 2 month movie pass or 3 month entertainment voucher pass in the box (which works out slightly cheaper over the time period of the monthly payment that NowTV would have taken out of your monthly subscription with the added bonus of a free NowTV box in the deal).

I am sure a NowTV team member will pick up your post here and will contact you direct by email to hopefully resolve the error 2 issues on your LG TV.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thank you for the link to the thread but no help at all. It seems it is a common problem that needs sorting. 

Hi @Anonymous User,

In order to help you we really need some basic information such as: -

• What's your LG televisions 'model number' and 'Software Version'?
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Do other 'apps' such as BBC iPlayer work okay on your LG television?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am receiving an error2 code, when trying to watch a program, it happens on all programs, have been using now TV for a long time and this is the first time it has happened...any ideas?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• What's your LG televisions model number?
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • What things have you already tried to get your NOW TV playback device working again?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have LG tv 49UH850V connected via wifi, although I have tried wired too. Error suddenly occurred last night 30mins into a 40 min programme. No issues until now. All firmware and app is up to date. Virgin media isp with 150mbps. All other streaming apps working fine. 3 other sources of Nowtv working fine including older LG tv. Any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've checked the service updates and all is good, however when I go to 'watch' a film or program an error message comes up to say something's not right and error code 2 appears in the corner.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• What's your LG televisions model number and software version number?
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • What things have you already tried to get your NOW TV playback device working again?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Model number: 58uh635v-za
Software version number: 04.30.40
Connected by wifi
Checked the service update - all good
No updates needed for the TV

Thank you
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

If you haven't done-so already it's good practice to re-boot your router (and ethernet switches) every now and again, as it often helps resolve desynchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect the devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting 😉

Cheers